QB Wonderlic scores

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So long as you're allowed to work out the math on paper that test is pretty much cake in 12 minutes. Do these qbs even try?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You shouldn't even need a scratch paper....I just scored a 33 on a practice test and I burnt half my time trying to open up word to write my answers down.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought Ponder was meant to be all-world smart.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I seem to be drawn to the low scoring QB's. First Young, now Locker. I guess I'm more interested in leadership qualities than test scores in March. In either case, the Wonderlic means little as Marino bombed his test only to go on to post some of the best stats ever for a QB.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Marino was a totally different beast, he was educated in the art of reading defenses, a pure pocket passer who could scan the field and unload in a mili-second. We are talking complete opposites with VY,Locker and Newton who rely strictly on their athletic/running ability to get them out of trouble and make plays. So here is my breakdown:

Low Wonderlic + high Football IQ and passing Acumen = Better probability for success
    Low Wonderlic + All athletic ability + poor defensive reading = Better probability of failure

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Does Newton's 21 now eliminate the moronic comparisons to VY?

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

No. They both ran similar offenses, they are both athletic freaks of nature and they both have the same character concerns (according to "inside" sources). I think they both have leadership potential but one of them chose to take that lightly by walking out on his team.

Let's hope Cam doesn't make the same mistakes.

I also want to let it known that the Wonderlic test is a joke and doesn't display a QB's potential or maturity.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone that says the test is worthless either hasn't taken it, or has taken it and did poorly.

I had to pass one for a job interview once- and if you can't pass them, you have no business making any sort of decisions in life.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Anyone that has taken the SAT or the ACT has, in essence, taken the Wonderlic.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not really. The SAT/ACT is more knowledge based.

The Wonderlic is pure common knowlege/logical. Basically showing your ability to make reasonable decisions under slight pressure.

SAT/ACT requires study. Wonderlic, any monkey can pass... or should be able to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar