qb with the number one pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tim, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Oh lord... it's 2006 all over again... (didn't even say HIS name. Proud of myself...)

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Johnny is going to get killed in the NFL with his style of play. Running backs are a dime a dozen, it would be stupid to waste that early of a pick on one. I would take Barr at 11 though

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love Locker and wish him all the best, but he isnt an established franchise quarterback, I think QB is a real possibility at 11.

4. Tim

Tim Starter

I would hate the fact we passed up on him and he blew up to something big time in the NFL. He's a great player with huge upside

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Did I miss something? Tre Mason in the 1st? I thought he was a 2nd-3rd round prospect.

• High Five High Five x 10
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We would absolutely be a dysfunctional franchise if we selected Mason with the 11th pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Who is gonna be there at 11 worth the pick at QB ? I already would only take Bortles as is and even that would be a slight reach. Those "top tier " guys are sure to be gone. I would hate for us to take QB at 11, but thats just me I guess.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I keep getting the feeling that one of the big three will drop but idk just how far or who it will be. Bortles maybe? I think the question our FO will grapple with is just how close is Derek Carr to the top 3 QBs talent-wise? I know many don't like him but unless we're picking top 5 next season(which I hope we're not) we might not get a better chance at taking a QB even as good as he is. It's tough to rely on Jimmy G being there late because his stock has risen so far and he can truly go anywhere between the 1st and 4th rounds. I will say this, I'm more excited about our #11 pick than I ever have. Even picking an OT wouldn't piss me off though I'd be bored as hell.

9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Only reason I would be upset with tackle now is because I think you can get one in the 2nd or 3 rd (if we trade for one) and not have a great deal of drop off. Out of the QBs, if Bortles fell and we took him, I would be least upset with that pick. Still wouldnt be overly joyed with it. I believe even more that if we go QB McCarron or Murray later would fit Whisenhunts offense. I am hoping Barr last till 11. Would be alright with Moseley as well. If not, find a buddy, do business and go get you a 3rd round pick.

10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

If we take Mason at 11 I will kill someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar