QB in next year's draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nickmsmith, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He would want to be anywhere he can start. I can't help but to believe that Fisher is going to put Young back on the field next year, no matter how well Kerry plays this year. Earlier in the season, Kerry said he would sign an extension with the promise that he could compete for the starting job next year. Should have made the promise and signed him then.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

if Kerry does well in the playoffs, there is absolutely no way they put Vince back in.

3. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

I would like to see Vy next year, if he hasnt progressed i would love to see another texas Qb in Mccoy (i have man-love for him, for some reason) and im not really a texas fan

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

So Sunday was Collins at his best? QBs change all the time and still teams have done well.

5. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

That's a mighty big IF, Sir Smith! I can't see him being that stellar. If anything, it will be our newly healed defense.:)

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

LOL yeah just ask the Packers.

7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Well, he was STELLAR against the Steelers, no matter what KingTitan says!:biglaugh:

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

FYI...

The Colts play the spread offense and I'd say it's worked quite fantastically for them!

Gut

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why?

The facts are that Collins will continue to get older and his play will deteriorate. His arm is already not what it once was though still pretty good at the moment. You're gonna sign him to a big money contract for a good length of time for 'managing' the game?

If they sign Collins, it will be the end of the Vince Young era and waste a ton of cap space or have the most expensive QB tandem outside of Cassell and Brady assuming NE franchises him (they will).

If they sign Collins, it should be because they don't think VY will be able to develop into a starting NFL QB. That's the first question. If you have faith in VY, then you either make the decision to go with him next year and Simms and grab a backup cheap in free agency, or try to sign Collins to a 2 year deal with the idea that he'll compete for next year and be the backup by year 2.

And by the way, how did the Steelers do with a very young Roethlesberger at QB? Didn't they win the Superbowl?

If we improve our D and running game, we'll be fine going into next year with VY, Simms and a vet backup qb.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This has got to be the shortest Gut post in history!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar