QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

that example has been pointed out. But Cam Newton (who I really like) was awful. He showed why he is a one read then run type of QB and the only thing he excelled in was broad jump. On the other hand, Mallett was killing it in the passing drills because he's been running a pro style offense. It's night/day to me

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about the Mallett to Newton comparisons. The same can be said with Locker as well. I really liked the improvement I saw in him from the Senior Bowl to now.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Finally got to watch a bit of these.. Cam has a ways to go.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont see how they can judge guys at the combine, all they do is work with a WR then throw to him. theres no defense and no pressure on the QB. Get Harrison or Suh after these QB's and most of them will look like high school kids. It's a gamble on all of them IMO. might be better off to draft a mean LB at #8.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I've always wondered the same thing. I don't think you can accurately judge any position from the combine only.

See Chris Henry.

I wonder if anybody has some knowledgeable on the "hype" "bust" factor after the combine and whether the players had success in their careers.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Chris Henry is the pick that made me the maddest as a Titans fan. Steve Smith was there for the taking, and we take the workout warrior. Ive never been more pissed about a pick in my life.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Considering he may have still been there 2 rounds later even if he did eventually pan out - yeah, not good drafting..
    Though CJ felt like deja vu the subsequent year.. Ya never know..

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Flynn is out.

No Flynn, Orton, Palmer.

The vet pool gets smaller and the CBA hasn't been reached.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

So what vy is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar