QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

why would we sign a vet, trade for flynn, keep rusty and draft a qb? we onlyneed one qb brought in and one through the draft and let rusty continue to improve

btw pats secondary was young players....im not sold on him or rusty being horrible...

i stated he was awful before but i was enraged to see us go from 5-2 to 6-10....

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So instead of 4 total we should keep 3, gotcha.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Are the Packers shopping Flynn? Does anybody know what they'd be asking for? They're such a pass heavy team I'm not sure if they'd trade him. Does anybody know who plays behind Flynn?

I'm not for trading away anything higher than a 4th for a QB. We need some players who can play right away on defense.

And staying to true form...VY hasn't been a bust the past 2 years. He was injured the year before that and say. Chances are he won't be a bust this year.

But let the QB conversation continue on. I'm on board with who we bring in as long as its not a scrub. The options are dwindling though.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

He's on the fence now.. he thinks he's starter ready and would like to give it a try...
    I'm betting the packers will keep him this year for his last year... and then he'll test the waters for FA.... who knows.. if we can't find the answer this year at QB.. we might make a play for him next year

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The thing about going after him next year though is that we're spending a pick this year going after our franchise QB. I guess the good thing is that if our pick doesn't pan out, then atleast we have options next year (Flynn, Kolb, Luck).

7. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Two things, number one. I do not understand why anyone would want to bring in Pennington. The man is so injury prone at this point, that if a D player looked at him crosse eyed he would be out for at leat 4 weeks. And number two, While Flynn might be a good QB for us. I feel that the Packers either would not want to trade him or will ask to much for him. And that in teh long run it may hurt us more than help us.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Pennington can be had for a low salary/incentive based deal. He is a great leader, and would be a great mentor for a young QB.
    If the Packers ask for more then a 3rd, then Flynn will not be a Titan. It's that simple.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I want Pennington to retire. I can't stand to see him get hurt again.

10. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Look, I know he can be be had for cheap and that he is a great leader/mentor. He has been since his days at Marshall. But the fact remains that he is very injury prone and has been his whole career. In 11 seasons he has only played 16 games twice, and he has only played 4 games in the last two seasons because of injuries. I just have no confidence in him staying healthy long enough to help us out. That being said, one thing I would love to see. Is to bring him in as a QB coach. I am pretty sure I have heard him say he would like to get into coaching once his playing days are over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar