QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Shaun Hill has another year on his contract and with Stafford's injury history he's staying put.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Agreed. Hill is a solid back-up. Cheap, knows their system, and makes plays from time to time. Good backup.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we will trade up for Gabbert , give the 49ers VY and our Pick for the #7 pick.

4. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Vince won't be on our roster on draft day...

5. TitanGuy

What is the skinny on Matt Flynn? Would he be worth a 3rd rounder? Would the FO have the guts to deal a pick like that on him?

Just seeking information, been looking and haven't found much.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i'd love to have Flynn i been saying that for a while. but if Munchak sticks to his words of drafting a rookie a signing a vet. i doubt we go after Flynn. Newton will go in the top 5, Mallet is a risk with his attitude , Gabbert was projected to be the #1 pick in 2012 when everyone thought Luck was coming out this year and Gabbert coming out next year.

7. TitanGuy

With the lack of hype Gabbert has gotten, I just remain skeptic. However, if he is put in a run and shoot offense or a West Coast type offense sorta like he was running at Mizzou I think he could turn into something special.

With that being said, I don't know if we want that risk... If he falls to us at #8 though I see Munch pulling the trigger.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It wouldn't surprise me if a QB wasn't drafted in the Top 10.

#1 Panthers - Clausen and Pike currently on the roster. Young talent that could develop and they have alot of other needs then reaching on a Gabbert or Newton.

#2 Broncos - Tebow and Orton

#3 Bills - Fitzpatrick played great last year. Kiper has Cam going here, I just don't get it. Sure Newton will have to sit a couple year, but you don't use your #3 pick on a backup QB for the next couple years IMO

#4 Bengals - Palmer is still on the roster (for now)

#5 Cardinals - I strongly believe they will make a trade for Kolb.

#6 Browns - McCoy was decent last year

#7 49ers - Alex Smith is a FA, rumor has it that Harbaugh likes Smith and may give him another shot.

#8 Titans - hoping we don't take a QB here

#9 Cowboys - Romo

#10 Redskins - Gabbert and Newton could go here. However, rumor has it the Skins like Ponder and Locker, will they risk waiting to round 2?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if there is no qb taken before us and there is really only 1 offensive player that is going to go before our pick and that is aj green but if we have every qb to choose from and dont pick up one of them then our fo would be doing a horrible job.....i wouldnt mind personally to trade back to the late teens early twenties and try to pick up a second though....take one in the early second....prolly kaep would be my guess

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Even though the CBA is going a little better... we can't make a move for flynn or do anything with VY until it's done... unfortunately..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar