PSL information

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishman35, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

Hello all. I have had 2 PSL's for the last 6 years and due to a new business I am starting, I will not be able to attend the games anymore. I know you can put them up for sale in hopes to get at least some of the cost back, (even though they are not priced near what I paid looking at these sites), or I could try and sell the tickets and keep the PSL's. My questions are:

• If I do not buy season tickets, do I automatically lose my PSL's, and how does that work?
    • If there is a waiting list (as the Titan's site says), where would the best place to sell these 2 PSL be?
    I tried to sell some tickets this year for games that fell on days I could not go and I had no takers. The scalpers\resellers will flag any post on Craigslist because they think you are cutting them out, and the NFL Ticket Exchange will not let you sell them below face value.

I just want to get back some of the PSL cost. It would help if they were winning for sure. Thanks for any help.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Good luck. Quite simply- you're screwed. Nobody is buying Titans PSL's. You can't hardly give the tickets away. The market is FLOODED right now.

stadiumpsl.com is a website that you can list your PSL's on. Let me know if you get any hits.

You will lose your right to season tickets if you don't renew. Titans will offer to swap your seats to other PSL members who stay first if they are an upgrade in seating. Of course, you don't get any money out of that- that is the extent of the Titans "loyalty" program.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they designed the PSL system to be entirely in the benefit of the franchise. If its any consolation, I have 8 very high priced PSL's for years. I used to use them on clients but folks now laugh at me when I offer them.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I am also giving mine up and I have had season tickets since the days in Memphis. The games I didn't want to go to this year I just gave away to students or fellow teachers. I have decided to not worry about the losing PSL rights...truth is I think there will be a lot of folks like me in the next few years...you can pretty much walk up and buy a ticket for less than face at any game now so why pay more.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the scalpers down there are liars and cheats. But I know how to work them, most of the time. They are scumbags, and most of them deserve to be treated as such.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I just want to put out there, if anybody is ever wanting to give tickets away -- call me. :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I let mine go last yr. I had the cheap PSL's so I figured I got my moneys worth for the last 12 yrs.
    I haven't missed going to the games like I thought I would.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Alternatively, tickets usually fetch a decent price online for some of the games we play against "larger market" teams. Examples, Bears, Pats, Ravens, Chiefs (this year), NYJ, NYG, etc.

Fans traveling from out of state usually will pay extra for guaranteed good seats. Problem is you won't break even on Colts, Jags, and Texans and possibly other games against smaller market teams or generally late in the season against teams out of the playoffs.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're totally right. The problem is, that the money you make on the big games, only very partially covers your losses on all the other games. You may get double your money on 2 games per year, but on the other 6, you're selling them for half price.

This is a really bad sign. Even when the Titans were undefeated in 2008, tickets were readily available for under 30 dollars. Translate this into financial terms: It's going to take multiple years of sustained success (like more than 2 or 3, more than the Titans have ever had) to get prices even close to the big market's value. It would take a couple good years, with a Super Bowl thrown in, I believe.

Until then, It's a losing proposition, and my hat is 100 percent off to anyone who is dedicated enough to shell out their hard earned money for PSLs and season tickets.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

its just not worth having PSLs or season tickets, its that simple. I could probably find decent seats for under $75 easily.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I do give them away here sometimes. Problem is, somebody here I gave them to got so drunk they chit their pants :drunk: :bored: :spank: :hitthefan: . Seriously. They chit their pants and didn't know it.

Not a good scene as I got a letter and my seat neighbors were all pissed at me at the next game. :rant: :facepalm: :swear:

That chilled me from giving tix away to folks I don't know personally.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar