PS3 for sale.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you stack a 360 on top of a rounded Ps3 ?
    whoa .......

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What's your best offer?

I might be interested.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm sticking with 375 lol. Everyone wants to deal. I don't deal. If I don't get 375, I just keep it. No biggie.
    Puck, they're both on shelves in a tv stand. Though, maybe the curved surface would help the 360's over heating problem??

btw - they found out the problem with the RROD. It's pretty easy to fix yourself. So this opens up the possibility of getting some cheap ones, repairing and selling.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and it only took two years.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

only if you want it to topple over. i won't even put my directv receiver on it.

6. Deuce Wayne

I'm pretty sure the folks there knew the problem. Its just now the average Joes finally figured it out. I think mostly because it was so simple.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They lost millions on RROD. They didn't know the problem early.

Go back is read the other list of exclusives.

Like what?

Like what?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah sorry, that's more than I would pay. I actually already have one but I know my nephew's been wanting one so I just figured I'd see what price you were offering.

I wonder if anyone had the foresight to buy like 20 Wii's when they first came out. Those suckers are still going for 250+ on E-bay. Would've been an awesome profit, especially on a new one.

9. Deuce Wayne

Didn't say they knew it early.

MGS4, FF13, LBP, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Haze, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, 8 Days, The Getaway 3, Team ICO new game (makes of Shadow of Colossus).

3 games worth a crap. Not such an outstanding list. Haze?? lol Heavy Rain?? Is that the little clip nobody knows what is yet? Are you serious? Talk about reaching.

Like MOST games?? Exclusives are dying out.

Like...
    The crazy long update downloads, and an update far too often where nothing changes.
    The entire set-up process. It sucks detecting an internet connection, it sucks detecting high def, etc etc. (360 detected everything automatically)
    The online community SUCKS. Majorly. Usually complete silence.
    The lag kills any sort of multiplayer experience. I havent found a single game yet that doesn't lag like crazy online. And this is common for most.
    No background downloads.
    The weakest excuse for wi-fi, ever. So not only cant it not detect an internet connection when it's plugged in to a modem, the wi-fi connection drops so often to where you can't download anything other than a system update.
    Controller sucks/feels generic.
    The games. There are none. (and we've been hearing "but they're coming! for way too long)

It just feels generic after getting used to the 360, in almost every way. 360 Dashboard is way better than the interface sony uses. That scroll over...then down...or up thing looks cool, but it's as dumb an interface as I've ever seen.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You too just need to learn to respect each other's opinion. For me, the PS3 has been great; as a Blu-Ray player, as a multimedia center (I play all my music on it for parties and just chillin', and I like to keep a lot of videos on there), the games I have played have been great (exclusives and none-exclusive). If Gloat likes his 360 and thinks the PS3 sucks, fine; I'm glad he's happy with at least one system.

The whole argument about which system has the "better" exclusives is almost moot at this point; the majority of popular games are getting the non-exclusive treatment. And in terms of Gloat's complaints about connection issues/wi-fi/poor online community, I've never had issue with any of it; in fact, my 60GB model is very good at finding and keeping any wi-fi signals, it's actually quite weak at retaining a wired connection. The online community, you get what you pay for. The service is free, and for people like me who only play occasionally online, it's probably a plus.

Again, it's all about personal preference. I think it's funny that I only hear people arguing online about this; all my friends who have 360s don't really care what the PS3 owners have, and vice versa. The most you'll see is a light jab like "You ain't getting MGS4" or "Too bad you can't play BioShock".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar