PS3 Could surge ahead on 2009

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never said it would be, but it will be the first of an up coming number games that will boost the PS3.

Call it a kids game if you will, it is still an awesome series. And Mario never hurt Nintendo being a kids game. Nor did Sonic hurt Sega.

If Metal Gear and Final Fantasy 13 stay exclusive, PS3 will grow.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i liked Ratchet and Clank
    I liked Jak and Daxter too

but to be honest, I had never heard of either until after I had bought the 2
    it's not going to outsell games like Halo or Mario for that matter
    and MSG and FF won't sell many copies if there aren't more consoles sold

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Metal Gear will outsell Halo 3. I'm calling it.

FF and MGS4 will sell consoles.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Quite.

Assuming Metal Gear stays exclusive (well even if it doesn't it will definitely outsell Halo), it will sell PS3s.

Sony's advantage is its popularity in all gaming regions, Microsoft doesn't have that. And Metal Gear being probably the most popular game on its system in the long run I expect it will outsell Halo 3.

6. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan until it got out of control. Final Fantasy X2 for Women and Final Fantasy XI the online and Final Fantasy XIII along with all the Final Fantasy hand helds.... Just absolutely crazy. From what I understand X-2 was a garbage and that's who doing 13 as well (couldn't tell you from experience never owned PS2 or played it. My brother did though and he's a big fan of the series also and gave it two thumbs down)

Metal Gear is up in the air still isn't it about exclusivity? I heard it may come out first on PS3 then later on 360 like GTA did for Xbox. I think they're all rumors though at this point.

Bioware is making a strong push at RPG's, while Final Fantasy might have the Japanese market locked down pretty well, Bioware has been producing awesome games. Jade Empire, KOTR 1 & 2, stuff like that.

Mass Effect is highly anticipated, they've done well so far so I expect nothing less.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Final Fantasy will eventualy migrate over to 360
    it's so much easier to code for the X than it is for the 3
    essentially, they could begin on both "ports" at the same time and the 360 version would be done weeks or even months ahead

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

X-2 was utter trash.

12 was the best PS2 game I played.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you are starting to sound like the Gloat.

S-E confirmed FF is exclusive. Just like Konami confirmed MGS is exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar