PS2 Memory Card Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Broken Record, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

My son has been playing my old PS2 for a while now. He has just discovered Spyro. I had an old Sony 8MB card in there and it has been working fine, and it continues to work fine for all the games except Spyro. Is that a common thing?

Would formatting the card fix it or is it best just to get another card? I kind of hate to lose the data on there that still works. We're about 5 hours into Lego Star Wars. I bought the card when I bought the system at least 6 years ago.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is unusual. It could be the game if it is new.
    Formatting will lose all your saves, but it might work. If you have another memory card you can transfer over those saves.

3. Broken Record

Thanks Gunny. The Spyro game is one that I've had for years and it used to work just fine. I played through the whole game on that card. Oh welll, I've seen stranger things happen. I just called my local game shop and they carry PS2 cards for about $20, so I think I'll just replace it and copy over the Star Wars save to the new card.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Is it Enter the Dragonfly for PS2 or one of the ones on regular Playstation. If its for PS1 then you should know why the mem card wont work lol

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

was there ever a time when power was turned off while the game was saving ? i had some Kingdom Hearts saves corrupted once when my wireless controller shut off during a save (why the controller should ever impose on memory is beyond me)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The card works for other saves so I don't think that is the case.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but it wouldn't necessarily corrupt the entire card, just the profile (game) it was accessing at the time ? i can't remember, but it seems like only the KH files were screwed

8. Broken Record

Ryan got it. It was Ripto's Rage. I had forgotten that it was originally a PS1 game. I put in an old PS1 memory card and all is fixed. Doh!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

Brain fart ey?

10. Broken Record

Brain fart indeed! :ha: In my defense, it had been 5 or 6 years since I played any console other than V.Smile. I was just amazed that I could still find PS1 memory cards in my house!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar