PS 3 or Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by maximus, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Which should I get?
    I really like the affordability of the the Xbox. But I really want a BluRay player that comes along with PS3.
    I don't like Halo or any shooting games
    About the only games I'll get are Madden, NCAA, and Grand Turismo

2. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

I think you pretty much answered your own question when you mentioned a PS3 exclusive and two multi-platform titles as games you'd get.

I'd wait till the holiday season and see if you can get a bargain. I know a lot of stores last year sold a PS3 and 5 Blu-Ray movies for the price of just a PS3 last year.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Work out the type of games you like and go from there.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I just threw down on the ps3 yesterday. A few things that swung the decision vs. xbox was the free network, the fact the console connected wirelessly and the ergonomics of the controller. I'm really just a fanboy as I have never actually bought an xbox, owned a launch playstation, a subsequent one, and later a playstation 2 so it's kinda natural that I would gravitate that way.

xbox has a network that is superior to playstation's but it has an annual subscription. I'm not to keen on that and I wouldn't risk rendering the xbox useless with a mod. I just bought vista. I've had enough microsoft arse reaming for the year thank you very much. xbox's controller feels like I am holding a softball. That's just my opinion. Other people seem to like it.

I also loved the fact there was a blu-ray. I had to buy a component video connector for the multi-a/v out. I really would like a new tv but I'm sorta good with the set I have so I just need to wait for disaster to strike. It's a phillips set so it's probably a time bomb anyways.

Not trying to come off real strong here. Do what you like. That's just what I did. On affordability, the 40 gb ps3 I purchased was $349.99 at wal-mart and a $10 gift card was included as an instant rebate. A thank you to Puck whom I had a phone conversation with is in order. He owns both consoles so I sought his advice. He helped me make an informed decision.

This is the model I got.

http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/sony-playstation-3-40gb/4505-10109_7-32733577.html

backward compatibility is not an issue with me. I want to play new games made for ps3.

ps- unemployment checks rule.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're planning on playing a lot, go for the 360. If you want something to just casually play on here and there, but is a great media center - get the ps3.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

play a lot? that's just stupid.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Gears of War 2

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He doesn't like shooters.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hey big guy, I don't understand..

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Man up get a ps3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar