Pros & Cons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Today is boooooring. So let's talk about the Pros and Cons of the Titans making the 2010 playoffs.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

there are no cons to making the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with their being no cons.

If Fisher somehow turns this team around and makes the playoffs and actually performs well once he gets there, I'll be happy. I'll still want Vince Young as our quarterback next year though. He's becoming a top tier quarterback and has the big play potential of Michael Vick.

Both entered around the same time and initially Young looked like the superior player. It's amazing how a different system, a little experience, and some playmakers changed his career.

Whatever our problems are we gotta get them fixed. VY is not the problem.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Off the top of my head..: false hopes, embarassed on national tv, more false hopes, and probably a new 10 year contract for mediocre Fisher..there are cons.

5. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Pros: We don't have to watch the Texans,Colts or the Jags in the playoffs. We'd be the reason those teams don't make the playoffs.

Cons: One and done, Fisher will probably be back next year.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What a fan... root against your team..

You think Fisher will really be gone next year, unless he wants to? Bud has always been resistant to change. So go ahead and root against the Titans.Why are you wasting your time here if you don't even want them to win?

I could halfway understand you wanting the Titans to lose out if we were 0-6, trying to get a better pick, but rooting for us to lose now, 1 game away from the lead is bogus. Go on somewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

If this team's demise, along with another poor season next year, ridded us of Fisher, it would be a success. If failure is necessary to bring about a change which will bring success, then so be it.

I will not root against my team; I cannot do it. But losing isn't going to break my heart at this point. Our franchise needs inspiration, and a new coach may bring that inspiration.

To the OP:

Pro - We won our division.

Cons - One and done, beaten by a far superior team; Fisher stays after the 2011 season

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I am entirely in the "let's make the playoffs" boat. But I was thinking about something last night. Fact of the matter is Fisher has gotten the Titans to the Super Bowl, just not this current team. The cast is entirely different, but Jeff's approach is the same. When we did make it to the big dance, Fisher was just in his 4th full season as head coach. So like I've always thought, it takes around 4 years to build a contending team from nothing. So in the event we miss the playoffs and Fish get's caned, do you guys want to wait 3-4 years to be in contention? This team is fairly close to being playoff ready. In October we were playoff ready, then lost interest. But I think this team can be convinced via a win by Collins tomorrow that they are still payoff worthy. If that's the case, Fisher stays at least another season to finish out his contract in TN. I'm fine with that if we make noise in January, and show progress from an 13-3 2008 team. Let's face it, this team is now the 2009 team but with a returner who can take it to the house. Last years game plans never accounted for good field position. Say what you want about Collins (I always do), but if he's able to get protection and not get flustered, we can go 5-0 into the post season. Call it false hope, but if I have to watch the Ravens run thru the playoffs and not see us on their way to a Super Bowl, I might snap. I want REVENGE!

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Playoffs?!?

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think if this entire team actually cared, we would go far in the playoffs. The lack of both leadership and coaching has made the team sloppy, uninspired and downright lost.

Pros- Playoffs (obviously), AFC South Champions, confidence going into next season, the possibility of a Super Bowl birth, and reinvigorated fans (us).

Cons- Fisher is still coaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar