Pros & Cons of Starting Vince Young Against the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I see nothing but good coming from starting Vince. There is no way he can be worse.

Tennessee Drive Summaries (Plays/Yards Earned/Results) from Jaguars game,

3 2 Punt
    3 8 Punt
    3 9 Punt
    14 78 Field Goal
    3 9 Punt
    2 18 Fumble
    2 18 Intercepted Pass
    9 53 Intercepted Pass
    8 80 Touchdown
    3 4 Punt
    11 77 Touchdown
    7 22 Downs

It is my opinion that Vince could make more happen.

The one con here is that if Vince starts and does good (hell if he does decent it's better than the above) then it makes Jeff look stupid for his decision to keep Kerry as starter for four losses much less more.

2. patitansfan

patitansfan Camp Fodder

How do I high five you

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

i say we start Kerry Collins against Indy & New England, if we loss both and he performs bad then im all for giving VY a shot

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why? Vince Young isn't Steve McNair their not going to develop the exact same. Besides I don't have to have watched McNair to see he never threw a ton more picks in a season than TD passes.

I do believe in second chances. Going into his third year I was expecting big things then I saw the Jags game and he didn't look that good to me and then he lost his job. Then the Colts game at the end of the year. That was his second chance. I'm all for seeing him again this year if we do go 0-6 but it's only going to reaffirm we need a QB.

Nice petty insult, I'd expect nothing less from a VY fan boy but I've never been satisfied with Collins at QB, only content.

Why does it matter if he played with second and third stringers? That's such a lame excuse that I keep hearing. Believe it or not it IS possible to play really good in the pre season if your a young backup QB, I could name tons of people. Do we all remember Cutler's rookie year vs. us in the pre season?

He is? How? How is he improving? Yes he had some good games but it wasn't consistent. The Browns game stands out to me the most, that pick 6 is a throw that a 4th year QB simply should not make and then he fumbles inside the 5. If that's a real game then he gave the other team 7 and took away 7 from us. I'm sorry for telling the truth but someone has to. Call me a hater if you want but if you can't distinguish between truth and hate then too bad.

5. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Hug it out guys. Regardless of our different QB opinions, keep in mind we're all here because of our love for the Tennessee Titans.

6. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Right there is no difference between Randy Moss and Sam Aiken. NONE. Any QB will get the same level of production out of either of them.

What is lame is that SOME PEOPLE don't seem to know that starters are first string for a reason.

Cutler did well his rookie year? Wow... I seem to remember that Vince won ROY the same year.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Look at Fisher's progession...

"Kerry will remain the starter as long as we are winning"
    "Kerry is our best chance to win."
    "Kerry is not the reason we are losing."

What is next...

"Winning is not important now, it's about improvement, and Kerry is improving each week."
    "Kerry remembers how to win, that is the key."
    "When Kerry sobers up, I think we'll be back to winning, it's about rehab, and he can do that best on the field."
    "Kerry gained positive yardage this week and that is the essence of football, getting positive yards, first downs are secondary, we need to take baby steps."
    "Kerry is showing Vince how to lose with grace, there is too much progress being made to make a switch."
    "Kerry shows sportmanship. That's what this is all about. Being in sport. And being a man. And a its about a ship. Sports. Man. Ship. And this ship is not sinking with Kerry at the helm. "
    "The ship is not sunk yet. Yes. It's sinking, but Kerry is reaching new depths of maturity."
    "Kerry is like the captain on the Titanic, he will go down with the ship and I admire that. I respect that. That is what the team needs. Respect. Admiration."
    "I know Kerry is dead. That's not the point. He is our starter."

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

:ha: :yes:

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There are two opposite views here.
    One view is VY is crap and would make the team even worse.
    The other view is KC is crap and VY will come in like Superman and save the day.

My view is the whole team sucks and if the defense, play calling, schemes, drop balls, blocking (passing game and running game) and STs (I'm sure I missed a few things) don't improve it won't matter who was QB.

Now as for comparing VY and KC I find it very interesting that KC has played lousy; his QB rating is 68 and he has one more int more than TDs. Terrible, crappy, down right embarrasing. Wait, VY plays that way ALL THE TIME, quit on the team a couple of times and really hasn't done anything to earn the coaches respect.

I say let KC play until the bye week and re-evaluate. Right now we still have a sliver of hope. Put VY in all hope is gone. VY will still get his chance to prove or disprove himself. These losses have not been on KC alone, that is obvious.

Keep in mind that I like other fans are ready to boo these chumps for their ridiculous play last week before they even take the field. Losing close games is one thing, getting thumped by the Jags is HORRID. I've already yelled "YOU SUCK" from my living room a number of times. I doubt the fans are going to be in the mood for passes hitting DBs in the numbers or back foot throws that float out to a DB who can't believe his eyes. Imagine if VY gets booed..... he might demand his teddy bear and a blanket. Either that or he will fake an injury to get out of the game.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Brett Favre could fix all our problems, he's the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar