Proof that the WR dropped pass myth is BS..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

The titans as a team were 28th in pass attempts but only tied for 31st in total dropped passes according to this chart.

16 dropped passes but to read some posts you would think our WRs alone dropped 150 balls.

Myth that our Wrs can't catch the ball debunked!

Myth that vince had a lot of ints because the Wrs could not catch the ball debunked!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol do you even watch the games?
    They can't catch. It's as simple as seeing them play.

Use unofficial stats all you want, not many are going to agree.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok gunny what are your official stats. Show them to me.

The criteria used to come up with those numbers may not be perfect but it is the same criteria used for every team. At the very least it shows that the titans were not below average in terms of dropped passes as a % of attempts.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

STATS LLC provided those numbers. should i trust them or gunny. Geez tough call..:rolleyes:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It would be too much for you to trust your own eyes, they just don't pump out stats you can twist into BS do they?

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

What are you trying to argue exactly? Are you trying to insinuate that we should not try to improve our receiving corps?

In another thread you're trying to argue for Kerry Collins..

I'm with Gunny, do you actually watch the games?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Football outsiders catch stats..

Of all the Wrs who had at least 50 passes thrown to them this year 43 of them(roughly half) caught a lower % of balls than roydell williams who caught 59% of all the passes thrown in his direction. Justin gage caught 65% of the passes thrown in his direction.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The point is that if vince improves our passing game will improve. It's not JUST the WRs. I wasn't arguing for kerry collins i was just illustrating that a QB could be effective with this group of guys.

Yes i want us to improve but maybe we are not as desperate as some think..

I trust my eyes but not YOUR eyes. Sorry..

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Both our WRs and Vince need improvement, that being said

What is the criteria for judging when a pass is dropped and when its just plain not catchable?

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Are you freaking serious? Did you research this fact? Show me some numbers please! Our WRs are below average in skill and performance. Just watch the games alabama guy. I saw some pretty obvious drops. Many other people here did as well. Both parts of our passing offense must improve for this offense to get going. I worry more about the crap WRs we have rather than young QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar