Prometheus

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

2. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

Adding that light on certain aspects of the film further confirms my opinion that Prometheus is probably a potential great movie that simply suffered from too much plot condensing and copious amounts of editing. There was simply too much story here for a typical 2-houre release.
    How else do you plan to squeeze a twelve hour movie into two hours?
    The result is plot holes, convenience, huge question marks and the appearance of lazy film-making.
    There very likely is a much better director's cut of this film awaiting release.
    Though even a 3.5 hour cut probably won't do it justice.
    Prometheus would have been better served as a HBO/BBC type series allowing the director to fully expand on all these details. 3 seasons > 3 movies..
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

I saw it last night and left the theatre torn. I admire what they did but it was just too grandiose of an undertaking for the screenwriters. I just pray that there is a 5 hour cut out there or something.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

The Director's cut will probably be on the blu ray.

The sequels will explain it all.

I love the philosophy behind the film. Sci-fi mixed with theology is excellent
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

They tried to squeeze too much in 2 hours, they should have expanded on the discovery and build up to actually landing and finding the planet. Could have done ALOT more, it was pretty sporadic to me.
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

See... I agree with this. The movie felt forced and that's probably why I didn't like it as much as I expected.

I wanted it to keep going towards the end - not because I was overly enjoying it, but because I felt it ended abruptly.

Obviously there will be other movies (assuming Ridley Scott is still living), and if I still have access to free movies, I'll see it.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Sooooo

should I wait till it comes out on Redbox?
  8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Think I will hold off on watching it and wait and see if they release a directors cut on dvd.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I will say one thing... I saw the trailer for Rock of Ages in the theater...

That looks.... HORRIBLE!!!! So bad.
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

Just saw this. It sucked. Great space/planet visuals with a lived in feel which is what Ridley Scott does best.

If you've seen and know it sucks but just want to recap how it sucked in your head but in a humorous manner, watch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-x1YuvUQFJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    • High Five High Five x 4