Prometheus

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well I'm only 28 and I have an appreciation for movies that actually have a story line. Everything coming out of Hollywood (or you can call it Isreal, can't really tell the difference now) is total crap. This movie may have seemed like a mess to some but I think Ridley Scott's main objective was for this film to setup the next two.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I mean... It was alright. Just not a genre I care for, I guess.

We can't help it (us kids). If I were your age, I'd care for it a lot more. That's just how it works. I do appreciate film way more than most people my age, but Prometheus just didn't cut it for me.

I like Ridley Scott a lot. Just not this one.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Like many pop culture items, Alien's value was determined by it's timing. In 1977(?) this was a dark, damn scary and suspenseful film with a well-designed xenomorph antagonist; fast-forward to now and the audience has been numbed to this sort of thing by video games and a slew of sci-horror knockoffs. The premise was wonderfully simple: "there's a huge bug in the house and we ain't got no can of Raid!" In subsequent films in the franchise Ripley is still dealing with that bug but it's no longer the antagonist. By this point there is very little difference between the Alien franchise and the Resident Evil franchise, and after being exposed to one, the other isn't very impressive.

Though I was looking forward to this film, if I had to be honest with myself I'd have admitted that I expected it to be much like The Phantom Menace: I mean, how good could it really be when the characters we love were developed after the fact?....sometime in the movie's future when the event happens that pulled us in to begin with?

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

So... as an English/Lit kid who loves analyzing things, I thought Prometheus was brilliant. 9/10

If you want to "get" the movie there are layers that need to be pealed back.

Everything wasn't answered because they are clearly going for a sequel. If you payed careful attention and do a bit of thinking everything is answered in the film. Audiences are lazy and want everything laid out for them. I enjoy movies that respect the audience and believes that we can connect things on our own.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do Americans spell it payed or is it a common mistake I see?

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Movie was a let down for me, didn't even know it was connected to Alien. I thought it was going to be something different but it wasn't, need to go back and watch Alien again. There were some plot holes and things I didn't understand but if they're making 2 more movies then not a big deal.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Common mistake I made. Stupid Android keyboard

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not being a spelling Nazi, just seen it a few times to make me wonder if it's part of American English language.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh come on pleeze. It was the director that was lazy. SPOILERS:Blind ship lands right at the engineers' front door...determined captain leaves two endangered men unattended for a bit of tail...Vickers isn't fooling anyone, especially with that medical table...determined Engineer opts against taking ship #3, breaks in locked pod without air supply helmet...blah blah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar