Prometheus

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Back from Prometheus. Head is still spinning. More unanswered questions than answered.
    The only thing I'll say is there were elements of brilliance mixed with a bit of bad writing.
    Having just learned that there are in fact two more movies worth of "story" between Prometheus and Alien clears things up a little bit..

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm heading out to see it right now.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Pretty much seems to be the consensus from what I've heard/read. Plot holes galore but still rather enjoyable. I hope to see it this weekend.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Kinda wanna watch this really baked

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A bit of pertinent info..
    The planet in Prometheus is LV223.
    The planet in Alien/Aliens is LV426.
    This bit of info alone goes a long way in regard to understanding what the heck is going on..

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So I did watch Alien the other night... Didn't really care much for it.

I just saw Prometheus and I've got to say... That was a huge letdown. I didn't care for it at all. I also noticed how insanely advanced everything in the movie was... way more advanced that it was in Alien - which wouldn't make sense. That's beside the point. That's not why I didn't like it. I guess part of it would be my lack of interest in the sci/fi genre as a whole. The previews made it look a lot better than I felt it turned out.

If you're going see it, I'd recommend doing that.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dude, I'm about to board the Nostromo now.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Actually, it sorta does: the Nostromo was a mining ship... a dirty, gritty POS mining ship.
    Also, the new one probably better reflects our current technological reality more than the 1970's movie does.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I look at it like... a fishing vessel compared to a naval aircraft carrier.

They are both the same type of thing. One is much more advanced.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Ridley Scott was asked about this by a fanboi and he said "It was just a directing decision" to make the current ship cleaner looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar