Projections show Mariota, not Winston, more likely to be elite

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Old Oiler Fan, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I knew you didn't care much for Mett compared to JW or MM. After looking at your list...wow. You really don't like the guy.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like him some

operative word is some

he's on the list, thats what matters

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

well unfortunately jameis is going #1 so there wont be a franchise qb available. just another athletic bust.

mett is 10x closer to being a franchise qb than mariota will ever be. and either way we better draft a wr and a rt early......

metts gonna make that wr rookie of the year too

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. 520

hes just so mad metts in the way of his boy crush mariota coming to tennessee

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Hey Im not saying he can't, just that its highly unlikely. I hope he does do all these wonderful things you keep pulling out of your butt

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Mariota has his own statue made out of sandwiches

[​IMG]

wheres Mettenbergers's mountain of boogers?

mmmm, eat fresh

7. JCBRAVE

you guys know exacly why @520 likes Mett now right....

Yall nasty

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 520

wasnt rg3 sponsored by subway? obviously they, like you, think speed=good qb. obviousley they, like you, are wrong.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

RG3 is gonna rebound, and I dont like Mariota for his speed, too much weed, youre quick to forget a lot of the things I say apparently

all I know is you and Mett eat out of dirty holes :p

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I see you tried to cherry pick your stats nicely. Unfortunately, when you take things out of context, it becomes meaningless. Let's refute the obvious problems in your argument.

Showing only yards and TD's without completion percentage and turnovers (at least) is silly. In your Mett projection, you didn't list his turnovers. You are aware he had MORE turnovers than TD's, right? So by your statement above, you think Mett should start even though by your own guess, he doesn't measure up to what you think every QB can do (you projected him to throw 4000yds but only 25td's instead of 30?)?

That was for fun because your definition of 'any qb can do this' is way off. There are only 8 QB's who achieved what you think any QB can do so by definition, these are elite level stats. And those stats are really a function of opportunities. A QB who throws 200 fewer passes but has a HIGHER TD percentage and a HIGHER yards per attempt will still have fewer TOTAL stats. A batter in baseball who hits 40 homeruns in 400 at bats is better than a guy who hit 45 homeruns in 650 at bats. Consequently, they don't give the batting title to the player with the most hits, but to the guy with the highest avg because - as long as they have enough at bats to qualify - the avg is more important.

As for Wilson and Romo you might be surprised to find that Wilson was responsible for 65% of his teams offensive TD's (26 out of 40) while Romo was responsible for 64% (34 out of 53). You might be surprised to learn that Wilson had over 4300yds of offense while Romo had 3766yds. Romo had 8 more TD's than Wilson but 5 more turnovers and fewer yards (more than 600yds less).

Romo can't hand the ball off to Beastmode like Wilson because he can't run the Read Option which is a main staple of their run game. So their rushing attack would diminish quite a bit. They also do a lot of playaction off the read option look...so that part of their passing game would suffer as well. Romo also wouldn't have as good a WR or TE or OL so his passing stats would also diminish. Wilson on the other hand, would enhance Dallas' run game by adding the read option and now has much better wr's and TE to throw the ball to and a better OL to pass protect so his passing stats would improve.

How does this not make sense to you?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar