ProFootballFocus did a roster evaluation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LTF, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Bill Walsh and George Seifert say Howdy!

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Mike Munchak says Howdy back.

Some internal hires work out- that's not what I've suggested with my statement.

But an infusion of fresh ideas/approach/philosophy where success has been lacking serves to stimulate an environment.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

I don't disagree. But you said "This franchise has begun to "hire outside" which is ALWAYS a good thing." I provided a clear example where hiring outside wasn't needed and hiring internally was a good thing.

4. Riverman

right. I did NOT say that hiring from within was always a bad thing. it is semantics but I'm not sure why you were compelled to provide an example of what I didn't say.

And before you provide an example of where hiring from outside didn't work out, understand that I'm saying that hiring from outside provides fresh approach/ideas etc. which stimulates the organization. And the stimulation IS always a good thing when success has been lacking.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

CRIPPLE FIGHT

6. Alex1939

Why use the word always because clearly hiring from outside isn't always a good thing.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

Based on the above:

1. Dexter McCluster has been in the league a while now. How do you not have enough info on him?
    2. Is Roos still "High Quality" at this point in his career?
    3. I have a feeling Hill will not be starting on the DL. Likely Woods will go ahead of him. And he may end up at DE
    4. Do not see LaVar Edwards as second string ahead of Jones and Johnson
    5. Why would you have Wimbley starting ahead of Ayers?
    6. Tommie Campbell should be marked with red instead of grey

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

OK. I should have clarified the absolute use of always in the first statement as I did in the latter. But you were wrong in your example because that isn't what I said. Are we really going to debate semantics?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Are you guys done bickering?

10. Alex1939

Lol all I wrote was one sentence showing a good internal hire. Not doing the old man rant yet

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar