Problems at the stadium?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fitantitans, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've been hearing rumors about the stadium experience;
    1. Some gates are closed because we failed to hire enough Wanding Personnel.
    2. The jumbotrons not working right
    3. They replaced the minimum wage concession workers with who?
    4. They showed the wrong football player for the promotion.
    5. They show the wrong stats for our own players
    6. While scanning to show fans on the jumbotron, they can't seem to find a Titans fan.
    Attending these games is not cheap in any shape or form. With the team, and I say that lightly, playing as they are, are the attending fans getting anything for their buck? Good business sense, again I say that lightly, would tell someone, mainly the FO, that someone has to come up with a reason for me and 64,999 other fans, to come to the stadium and spend money.
    The Titans are not endangered as far as being SOLD goes. We've got nothing to sell!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The only issues I've noticed are the Red Zone updates. They just need to totally dump the gal who does those and just run the highlights, stats and scores.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Our area of the stadium is basically the same as last year.

As far as "minimum wage" concession workers to my knowledge they are volunteers for various schools and organizations. They get a percentage of total sales for their school, church, etc.

Agree with TJ, Amy Wells needs to go!

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Amie Wells is just AWFUL at this.

Her voice is painful to listen to and her delivery is terrible.

Keep it like it's always been.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A lot of venues do the concession volunteer thing. It's good for everyone EXCEPT the fan who has to wait longer in line because these people are often a lot slower.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Definitely missteps broadcasting other games highlights and scores.

Did not have enough personnel to have all gates open for week 1, this led to ridiculous length of time to get in stadium. Week 2 was better.

Week 1 a lot of beer concession stands were just missing. I griped on here waited over half a quarter for beer and again later half a quarter for burgers. Week 2 was better but not as good as last year.

Definitely not impressed with the "improvements" to the gameday experience as discussed by ownership in the off season.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

First off.. a big THANK YOU to Titanium and LJ for the tickets yesterday!

You guys are right, Amie Wells is horrible. She jumbles and stumbles over everything, telling us scores that we just saw about 1 minute prior.

The country-rap karaoke guy with miming guitarist and bassist,

and the girl singing "all about that bass" Karaoke.. she was a good singer.. but it was out of place, and not good overall.

Live music is cool.. that was laughably bad.

NFL purse/bag policy is a bad thing.

The crowd in-stadium was actually more full than expected, and had more energy than I expected.

It was improved over the 2011-2012 poopshow they had. "BACK IT UP!"
    and (Sweet home Alabama riff ) "TURN IT UP!"
    Those were really, really bad.

One thing that is for sure.. the on-field performance has to improve to attract any new fans. The In-game stuff will not win anybody over, as-is.

I felt like I got to watch at least 1 pro athlete in Delanie Walker. He was the only thing on the field with any "wow" factor.

But problems? Nah, no problems.

#7 nickmsmith, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I saw a while back LP had listings on craigslist for beer vendors. Like 75 dollars a game to do it or something?

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't know how they do it now, but several years ago my school had several groups working Titan games running concessions. Basically you would get a percentage of what your area sold as a donation to your group. Problem is for schools of course is that you have to have parents there to sell the beer since the kiddies can't do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar