Pro Football Weekly rips Newton a new one

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Or... You could have simply put in the effort by studying.

Wouldn't that count as "trying"??

You cheat, you are a loser. You're just hoping the guy next to you isn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Chill bro, JC can squat 1000 pounds, he doesn't need to be smart, he can just be a professional body builder.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I can squat 1000 lbs :yes:, glad to see you remember :p

AND I'm stronger than Javon Ringer, yea what now.....

But I have no interest in being a bodybuilder.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

As a resident of L.A (Lower Alabama) I can say that this article is pretty close to the truth. I attended many of Auburn's home games this past season and Cam Newton makes VY look humble. The guy thinks that he is a rock star. After the games he would go to the locker room only to run back on the field minutes later jumping in the stands, dancing ect. I never cared for the guy and he really did seem fake at times. The national media fell in love with him and to this day I just don't get it. I feel sorry for the franchise that throws away a pick on player that will set their franchise back a decade. I pray that if he is available at #8 the Titans will pass. Ten years from now Cam will be back in Auburn doing commercials for car dealerships and renters insurance. His numbers were impressive at Auburn but people need to understand that there is more to it. Cam's numbers were the product of the offense that he was in. Cam was a cog in the machine that is the spread option. Put any pure athlete in that system and they will put up decent numbers as long as they are surrounded by decent talent.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is being humble an attribute? And why is it some important for Newton to be humble? And who cares what motivates him as long as he is motivated? If his motivation is to be a great player and make a boat load of money and have people love him then so what? He says his favorite QB is Peyton Manning so maybe he wants to be like that and doing endorcements. He can't be an entertainment icon if he sucks.

Any athlete can put up decent numbers? But he didn't put up decent numbers he won a damn national championship! Any Auburn fan should be on their knees with lips puckered for that guy after what he did you probably won't live long enough to see another title.

Wow interacting with fans? What a dick! A young guy who is damn good and knows it and is happy. He should be on his knees humbling himself to the media and praising the opposition! Sounds to me like he is less fake than most players.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVca9MwDX8&feature=related

This is what the media want out of Cam Newton. Cheap cliches and typical lines about how humble and ashamed he is to be a good player.

I'm just taking them one day at a time and the good lord willing BULLCRAP!!!!

That's fake! Giving people what you think they want or what somebody coached you to say is fake!

How many times do you hear an athlete lie that it is not for the money and that they only care about the team. Yeah right.

So what if he wants to have a hall of fame career primarily for his own glory, his own financial well being? So what if he wants to win a super bowl and go to Disney world to stroke his own ego? That would be honest.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What was he suppose to do, suck? Cam was given an offense to run, and he ran it, probably better than anyone else could have. I agree in that he's not the player his stats suggest, but he found ways to move the ball and keep drives alive. That's what counts. 51 TD's last year is something to wonder about, how could teams not be interested in that?

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

He did great in that system. Unfortunately that system is nowhere to be found in the NFL. Nothing even close to that is found in the NFL. I'd say coming out of college VY was more NFL ready.This is complete speculation but I don't see the guy putting in the work necessary to be a successful QB at the next level. He already thinks that he is a star. This is VY 2.0 and everyone knows how that ended.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

My problem is that he is already acting like he is a star. I think in a recent pre-combine interview he declared himself an icon or something. He is a one year wonder with many unresolved character issues. When it is all said and done he might lose the Heisman and Auburn will be back to just one title. I think after winning you should be in the locker room celebrating with your coaches and team. I don't think you should be dancing to T-Pain in the student's section. Maybe that is just me but I think you should act like you have some sense. Celebrate like that after winning the title, not after beating Clemson.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not a damn thing wrong with that. He believes in himself and his ability.

The only valid argument you could make against that would be that he might not handle difficult times ahead adjusting to the nfl. The fall could be harder for him. It obviously won't be so easy but i'm damn sick and tired of this moronic mentality that you have to humble yourself to make others feel good.

Cam Newton had a dream season and enjoyed it. It is a damn shame you didn't.

As for Auburn's problems with eligibility? Don't blame him they have always had a reputation for being a dirty program.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/40278/auburn-players-claim-they-were-paid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar