Pro Football Focus' grades on the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Below you will see I stole PFF grades for the Titans off their site, it's a subscription based site so the links wouldn't have worked. Anyways, do you agree with their grades?

2013titansgradesofense.jpg
    2013titansgradesdefense.jpg
    2013titansratingsST.jpg

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Roos (22) and Casey (36.1) were our best players this year according to PFF.

McCourty surprisingly scored higher than teammate Alterraun Verner by less than a full point.

Players in the green had solid seasons. Anyone in red had a bad season. C.J. scored a -3.1

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

im gonna nark

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

Clearly what we see on the football field each and every week translates to a much better ranking system than a "Periodic Chart of the Elements" for me that is, outside of season ending stats to encompass the big picture. Overall, after looking at what is posted above for the most part, seems fairly accurate for a few of our players. Way off for several others, especially with Andy Levitre who I expected much, much more from regardless of the grade above.

The offensive line with Roos and Stewart played way below their standards, especially with the running game struggling again and giving up so many sacks. McCourty had a very quiet but solid season, where as Verner was thrown at twice as much which gave him the opportunities he took advantage of. Pollard and Fokou were two of the best signings of last off season with Fokou getting a "bad" grade in "red" since being injured. Ayers and Brown had regressing seasons that weren't even close to 2012 and Derrick Morgan is well, Derrick Morgan. Two words in BIG BRIGHT GREEN....JURRELL CASEY....

Griffin did what Griffin always does, in up and down fashion but steady for the most part. The real Stars of 2013 were surprisingly in the passing game (outside of Jurrell Casey) with Wright, Washington, Walker and even Hunter. Love the Walker signing and truly proved to be one heck of an upgrade over Cook. Wright is gonna be a NFL Star soon posting his first 1000 yd season. Tell me why is Kamerion Wimbley still in a Titans uniform and in ANY color on our Titan Science Project chart above???

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Was Schwenke that bad?

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Levitre had a good season then.. Interesting

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Moise Fokou sucked. Surprise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Hey JC I was thinking about getting a subscription for their website. Is it worth it?

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I believe e started out decent then hurt his ankle which caused a drop in his play.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The last time I posted this info (I have a PFF subscription, too), everyone told me PFF stats mean nothing. Only difference was that I was using it to prove that Zach Brown had a bad season at the time.

Where are all those naysayers now?

BTW, I have no interest in having that argument again. You guys can continue believing Zach Brown is good if you want. It makes no difference now that the season is over. As always, I am holding out hope he'll develop into a good player. I'm not rooting for him (or any Titans) to suck. I'm just a realist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar