Price tag for Tiger's transgressions

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think anyone would argue that cheating doesn't happen. It does. What I'm trying to criticize is the reaction that it's "ok" simply because it does exist. As I said, I've got no problem with people who can't handle the temptation sleeping with as many people as they want to. It's the fact that they do it within the confines of a committed relationship that's ridiculous to me. You can't handle turning down other opportunities with women? Don't get married. You realize five, ten, or twenty years down the road that you want someone/something else? That's fine, get a divorce, then play the field. Don't betray the people that trust you by going behind their back.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I had to investigate this further. I was just curious why marriage and why fidelity are so important to humans. And while I will never know the answer I looked to the animal world as to why marriage ( monogamy ) occurs, And it is because:

1. maximize the participants' breeding opportunities
    - This does seem to hold water for humans. Most married people do have children. Most unmarried people do not. And most married people do have more sex, I think, than unmarried people. Additionally, it does take less time to get to sex if you don't have to nest, or find a partner, and that does seem to hold true for humans too. Married people can get to it faster and more often because they don't have to repeatedly date to get to each base, and the ultimate homer. They can go for the homerun as soon as they get to the plate.

2. Raising Children together protects the children from predators- Supposedly if you are flirting with other ladies, your children are more vulnerable to predators. In Humans this does not seem to be true. While a child is more protected with two parents diligently watching over the little critter, a child with one parent need not worry about predators nor worry about harm more or less. But one aside is that two parents do tend to lead to a more stable childhood. This is true in animals and humans. One parent children are often reckless and wild. But there is no fear of predation.

3. While you are cheating, so will to your women be cheating, thus diluting your gene pool

- In humans, I guess this is true, but what are you really diltuing. You only smack out two-four kids anyway. So I'd say this has no bearing on humans.

4. Marriage means that the Male will hunt and that the woman may gather, thus the child has increased nourishment and shelter. And a better survival chance. - No longer true for humans. I think a one parent household get's the beef and things are gathered too. So having a mate makes this easier, but it is not needed. I think at the end of the day, all is pretty much equal regardless of two parents or one. Two parent may give the means to a happier life, but I do not think it increases the chance of survival or increases your attractiveness for mating. Unless you are rich! Which most people are not.

5. Mate familiarity means that animals can fine-tune their behaviors and coordinate their efforts to acquire optimal resources. Established pairings also share a familiarity with frequently visited sites, so they can draw on each other's expertise of the sites' associated predators, available food and nesting areas.
    - I reckon married couples do have a sense of familairty, they know what gets them in the mood, they have favotie places and restauraunts, but I don't see it is biologically avantageous for sex in humans.

If only one to two of the five hold true, then straying would only seem natural. There is nothing holding men and women together biologically. Not even the saftey of their children. The only thing holding them together ( from a biological perspective ) is the relative ease of having sex. Therefore when sex is offered outside the marriage, that sort of elimates the biologic need to be married, and probably skews the decision making process for the cheater.

So then I was just trying to figure why fildelity is so important biologically, and why a woman/or man would be so hurt by infidelity. And I think I see more clearly it's significance from the woman's perspective. I wanted to get beyond words like love and trust. Because they don't mean much unless you know why that is so important to a woman or to man. And I think biology may help explain that. It might explain that women are trying to maximize the survival of their children, or DNA, at the same time max their sense of securtiy. infidelity means the loss of that security blanket.

Anyway, had to do it. I think my brief look at this tells me that the need for fidelity is all about the need for security. And knowing that the provision of security will not stray. And when it does, that is the real sense of loss for a woman.

I would not say that women are naturally insecure. I would just say that woman are generally trying to mazimize that sense of security.

I would now be curious if the divorce rates for married couples with children is any higher or lower than divorce rates for couples without children. If biology is any indication, divorce rates might be higher for couples without children or who lose children.

That's my take on the biology of it for today. And my take may change by tomorrow.

I know the human/psychiatric part of it is something else entirely.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My point is more, if you know you're going to do it, why get married or be in a relationship?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because- a wife and something on the side are different.

Especially if you're famous.

There's that one woman that you want to live with, want to mother your children, and you have a great bond with them. You want that to be your wife and friend for ever. And just try to convince her that you don't have to be married... lol

But then you're out on the road. She's not there. You miss that body being there... so you accept substitutes. They don't mean anything- and why women can't understand that part, I don't know.
    It's basically just sex for sex... no emotional investment. No promises. Just a simple fling. Done.

It shouldn't be a big deal if that's all it is, IMO. Now if they're having relationships and basically trying to make a new bond to completely replace the other or at the same time... that's different to me.

I dunno.

Why do women marry famous people anyway?

They KNOW it's coming.

Everyone does. Or they at least know it's happening.

Best policy: Don't ask, Don't tell.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I never looked at women as like a portable heating unit until now. If they could radiate from like two feet away, and have a special refridgeration compartment for beer and sandwiches, that would be cool.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

PhiSlammaJamma,
    You're looking into this way too much. Here's why woman want to get married: its because they've dreamed of the day since they were five. Twenty plus years of thinking how that magical day will happen gets to their heads, so they jump on the first train that may get them there. Easy. Then once the magic wears off, they get fat and (female doggy), and nothings ever good enough. Then comes divorce and alimony. But while shes packing on weight, and screaming "not tonight I'm bleeding" he's off finding something more fun. Most men only want to have fun. If a wife can be fun then great.

Ladies,
    Be your mans wife and his girlfriend, and he wont go anywhere! You don't even have to cook or do laundry.

Tigers wife may be a good mom, a good something else, but she probably isn't getting down at night. Tiger is an animal, he needs his loving obviously.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, JCBrave, if you think most/all women are like that, I really hope you think that your fiancee is the exception. If not, please, don't get married.

Deuce, I get your point, but I think it's ridiculous that those types of couples don't either 1) have an agreement, or 2) just have the wife travel most of the time with the famous person. Also, I don't feel sorry for the atheletes that want a wife, but can't help themselves when they're out on the road. Boohoo. It's pathetic that if they really want their wives and respect them, that they can't resist those temptations. If you know yourself and know you can't handle marriage, then fine. The people who get married and clearly don't care about it are the ones that kill me.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Tiger had the King of England Syndrome, thinking he could do anything to anyone, just because he was the King of England (or a billionaire).

There ain't no amount of P worth 50 million. I would say at most 200 bucks, but if it's costing you more than that you're getting ripped off.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Tiger is one of the ugliest men on the planet.

He should have been happy he was getting any.

Catch22 here ,he's so ugly his babes have to be gold diggers. He should have had his way before settling down. his image makers will have wanted him to settle down right away though because he's more marketable as a family man

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What if on top of the booty call, the extra cash gets you herps??? Is it worth say $250?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar