Price tag for Tiger's transgressions

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That seems like a really low estimate. He got cutt off from at least three sponsors, got taken out of the ads of two more, and isn't going to get any new ones for a long time...

Plus, there's got to be a massive payment to his wife, though that won't ever be public.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being $100 million, though it probably won't ever be something that anyone can verify.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wow, that's not comforting to know. And to think it was all lost on the same bad decision half the men out there have also made.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Half the men out there don't make that decision.

I really don't like the normalization of cheating. It's bad for so many reasons. If you can't stick to one woman, don't get married. If you get married, and can't stick to that woman down the road, then get a divorce. "Everyone makes mistakes," while true, doesn't justify the mistake.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tigers image and his marketability are pretty elastic. I think he will be as marketable, if not more, once he returns to the tour.

Money Talks.

I would not be suprised to see Gatorade re-sign him at twice the price within two years. Tiger is a money machine and Gatorade and all his other sponsors will want back in.

They all came back to Kobe, and he had a much bigger hurdle to climb. Forbes predicted they would and they did.

It's all just for show. The sponsors will be back and Tiger will make them pay to re-engage the relationship.

5. JCBRAVE

Sure they do. Maybe not 50%, but enough do cheat. Do you mean to tell us that you don't know a few guys who have wandered at some point? Maybe your friends are better people than mine, but I know several players (both men and woman).

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's a scary thought that cheating is becoming an every day thing.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would never cheat on a wife because 10 minutes of woo wee is not worth a lifetime of eternal torture. It's simple math.

That said,

I see cheating as totally natural. I don't believe men and woman are meant to be loyal, or even live together for that matter. It's very stressful arrangement. Men naturally want to spread the seed. Women less so, but they have the urge too, because they seek to feel good about themselves, and few husbands can sustain that feeling over the long haul. So women look elsewhere. To me, it's just nature doing what nature does.

It's very complex and yet very simple too. I think all men are tempted. I think a lot of men think about it. and a lot of men do it. It's simple desire for most men. Men just like sex.

Tiger is technically addicted because he could have thrown his life away for sex. That is the definition of having a disease. The definition of being addicted. But do I think he has a real disease, a real problem, no. I think he just wanted to have sex. And I don't look at that as abnormal. I don't view it as a disease. I don't think he really needs treatment. I think he just needed to be made aware that his decisions hurt people and reck lives. That I think he didn't forsee. I don't think he got that. And I don't think you can get it until you live throught it.

One thing I'd like to understand more is the science of the hurt. Why does it hurt so much when someone cheats on you. If you really think about it, for me, it makes no sense. Why is that bond so strong that it can make or break a whole life. And yet a year after breaking up with someone, that intense bond is pretty much gone. It's mind boggling to me. And I'd love to know why evolution thought the pain important.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You mean- it's a scary thought that you're realizing cheating has been an every day thing for centuries?
    People that make such a big deal out of it is what I don't get.

If you've ever been popular or wanted by women- it makes sense to you. If you haven't... then I guess you'll say it's "wrong".

Maybe it is wrong, but it's to be expected- regardless.

9. JCBRAVE

In sports they say; "if you're not cheating, then you're not trying". Maybe it's the other way in life, because if you're cheating, you are not trying (on the relationship).

Either way, cheaters of all kinds are all losers in the end.

I wouldn't cheat though. Why go from having 1 problem to 2 or 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar