Pressure will be on Houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Houston could end up being smart and give up the #1 to the Jets in order to secure D'Brickashaw at a safer location. New Orleans could trade out to get Cutler. Just out-louding the surprise possibilites. We're still guaranteed to get one of the big three. (I'm tired of saying that phrase already.)

I think the pressure of the #1 may get to the Texans in the end. I only wonder who is most likely to grab that spot if that's the case. I think it's 55/45 Bush-Young for the Texans, even though Bush makes barely more sense for them. The only plus to Bush (since they already have a #1 overall pick in Carr) is he can go out wide also to complement AJ, and return. Not bad to have two dangerous returners, even if they already have Mathis.

Okay, for now, I've talked myself into thinking they'll stick and take Bush. However, if we can't have Young, I do want Bush. Leinart still leaves a feeling of disappointment (only given the draft choices).

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm with ya

Leinart does little for me

3. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

On 1st and 10 on espn, Woody Paige and and Skip Bayless(??) Discussed the top 5 and said that the Texans could possibly sign and trade Carr to Houston opening up a spot for Young? While I believe its another meaningless predraft trade banter I thought it would be a good fit. They also discussed NO trading one of their many OL to The Texans to switch draft position that way the Texans get a much needed OL and a high first round pick. I know right now it means nothing but they seem like very possible trades.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I know you didn't mean it, but "trade Carr to Houston?"

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The Texans may not listen much to the fans when it comes to draft choice, but you can believe they will listen to the Big Money/Corporate that happen to be Texas alums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar