Pressure will be on Houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

To take Vince Young. When he first came out, I thought he was a lock to fall to us, but with Young coming out and saying he wants to play for the Texans and even if he isn't picked by them he will "always love Texas"....I know fans don't make the picks, but wow...the pressure will be intense.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

didn't they just give Carr another huge bag full of $$$$

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they said they will pick up his option, but they havent done so yet.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It would be dumb for the Texans to pick Young. Not only is he not ready to be an immediate starter (Leinart would be your guy there), but if he spends as much time on his back as Carr has the last couple of years, what's the use?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

When did he say he wants to play for the texans? I hadn't heard that. Sounds like a reach for top pick money to me...

6. danny

danny Guest

Exactly what it is...

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the Texans take Young due to fan pressure, that franchise is in worse shape than I thought.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Young grew up in Houston. Of course he would like to be the first pick and play in his home town.

9. Nash

Nash Starter

As stated elsewhere, the Texans are no longer on TV in Austin, as well as their radio network is shrinking.. this is an opportunity to take away significant market share from the Cowboys .. when you consider that this is a business, McNair will be forced to take VY

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd hate to have to face Young twice a year, but I'm sure a few slip screens to Reggie would ease my pain!

I'd be surprised if Houston takes him. Their franchise needs a serious and immediate shot in the arm. I still think Kubiak can do more with Reggie than Vince.

We better focus on getting some good MLB's or we will becomes Houston's Biatch w/ Bush and Davis in their backfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar