Preseason Week 2: Titans vs Panthers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Just what I said, since DGB is gone, I'd wish Hunter could grow some stones get off the line , get downfield and go up and get it. Not much chance of that. WR and DB are being neglected. How's Austin Johnson doing? I really wanted us to take a corner or WR earlier in the draft.

#261 nytitaner, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Blackburn

Blackburn Starter

I had a feeling we'd look bad against the Panthers considering they are one of the top teams in the NFL. I feel like we tried to be a little to "exotic" in the run game when we should have tried to see if we can run straight at a top D to see what happens. In any case, it's the pre-season and we look a lot better than we did last year except for at the CB position. I have a feeling we will give up quite a few long TDs through the air this year.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Bass made a great tackle on 3rd and 3 to prevent a 1st down late in the half. Backup LB made plays.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Huff made some good plays too, and lit a guy up after he caught the ball and caused him to drop it. Good to see we have some hitters.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Simply amazed at how insane fans can be lmao. Been with this team since 1978 and can't remember this insanity over pretty season games before. (Yes pretty season, as in this is the time your teams look pretty). Mariota is 14 of 15 so far, the o line looks better than last year, the backs look better, looks like we found a WR who can actually help this team, missing both starting CB'S but stopped the Panthers run game... what is it I'm missing? We had the first pick in last year's draft and they were playing for the championship... what is it I'm missing? Did we suddenly jump from 30 to top 3 in the power rankings? What am I missing? Have we even game planned yet? What am I missing?

Folks, don't get your panties in a bunch over pretty season games, not worth it. It's about evaluating players and finding what things work and what doesn't with the players you have end of story. We have fans claiming Mariota doesn't have a strong arm and maybe he doesn't have Mettenberger's arm strength but Mett will never have Marcus' accuracy or touch or vision or mobility or intelligence or even his desire and btw his arm strength is just fine.

Anyone who thought we were going to compete for the playoffs this season has what is commonly referred to as unrealistic expectations. Let's be honest here, best case scenario this team is 8-8. I think we'll be 6-10... yes I would love to be 10-6 or better but it just isn't going to happen overnight.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The one where the score was 10-7 while the starters were on the field. While our secondary needs work, neither of our starting CBs played yesterday.

From your interpretation one would be led to believe we were blown out in the first quarter, which clearly was not the case.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I didn't imply we were blown out, I implied that our D has some problems. I also conceded that we had two starting CB's out. Still, it looked way too easy. But as someone else posted, it's preseason. In 3 weeks a miracle will happen! I can't wait.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fair enough. I too am looking forward to regular season. It certainly looks as though some improvements have been made, it remains to be seen if that's the case.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

had to rewind that a few times...it was a good laugh!

10. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I was wondering about that guy, and that play.
    Was Cam playing against some of our 2s? 3s?
    Or is Grant already with the Ones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar