Preseason Tickets... Enough is Enough

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrredskin, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

It's time for the NFL to do something about this 'mandatory' purchase. It's bad enough fans have to pay $50 per game and for the ridiculous PSL fee just to be able to purchase tickets, but to charge face value and make it mandatory to buy has reached the point of robbery. Paying regular season prices for preseason games should be illegal based on what you are paying to see. It should be optional, or at LEAST half price. The money machine that is the NFL will obviously never do anything about this (no help from Goodell), as the fans have no power, but the fans need a voice in this... whether it be to owners, GMs, Commish's office, or our federal lawmakers.

2. The NFL is a business. The owners are in it to make money.

And no one has to buy tickets. Sure it's a ripoff, but it's still the customer's choice...

3. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

how do you figure it's the customer's choice? it's NOT the customer's choice. we are forced to buy season tickets to games that AREN'T during the regular season... and for a known inferior performance.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It chaps my butt too but what are you going to do? Bud makes us buy the entire package.

He could drop the price by 50% but it would still be part of the season tickets and he'd jack up the regular season games to offset it.

Either way, Bud is getting his money.

5. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

Yeah I know that owners would increase regular season prices mroe than likely, but if the League came out and and did this correctly, it wouldn't be forced upon us like that

6. I didn't realize anyone forced a gun to your head and made you buy season tickets...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

quit crying about it. I pay it. I go to the game. I have fun. At least when MNF rolls around I've got tickets. I've got opening day tickets... I get to see the conference games... I see the non conference games... if and when we host a wild card and/or divisional I'll have the 1st option to buy tickets... and if I choose I could triple my money by selling them... not that I would... but I could... so if you don't want to part with that much money over watching football go get a direct tv sunday ticket or watch it over the air if it's carried in your market. There are plenty of people waiting to have the chance to buy tickets so if you don't like it don't buy 'em. Hit up ebay every now and then and reduce the number of games you attend or something... it's not worth getting all hot and bothered over...

hell, I'm going to Atlanta tomorrow to see the game. I bought a pair for $11 shipped... I like preseason... it wets my appetite for things to come.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Atlanta...where we first met...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

and within the hour we were at The Cheetah in Midtown...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

almost without my bag and passport and wallet and phone....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar