Preseason Game 3 Preview: Atlanta Falcons at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Traditionally, most NFL coaches use the third preseason game as the dress rehearsal for the regular season. Both Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher and Atlanta coach Jim Mora tried to characterize last week’s losses as personnel evaluations, rather than competitive games. Expect that to change Saturday night. Mora said most Falcon starters will play at least a half.

The Titans are 0-2 in the preseason, while the Falcons fell to 1-1 after a 38-10 loss at Green Bay last week.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think that Vick will be the biggest test for the LBs so far this preseason. They will need to show their ability to stay home and watch the QB more closely. I would hope that they would put Tulloch in for half a quarter or so with the 1st stringers. He should open some eyes with pro talent around him. I know that this is off topic, but when do the roster cuts happen? I know that they are about a week apart, but I don't know the dates.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

will be nice to pay NFL $ and actually see an NFL game instead of one team evaluating personnel and the other one playing a football game.

Ya play to win cause the game is on the schedule.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Bulluck and Thornton will hopefully keep vick in check, i expect to see a much better game played by tennessee this week

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I expect to see the Falcons score a TD with a 40+ yard run.

6. I don't mean to be the negative one here, but I expect to see 40 TD and 400 yards run IF we play like last week.

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Who did the Falcons beat?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Must have been NE. They lost bad to GB. I heard there were alot of turnovers. The NE game was on where I am. Atlanta has a good qb at #3. Behind Vick is major depth. The second teams will be tested. I feel like they will run at will but try to focus on the passing game. JS has something to prove to me. 3 and out isn't in his vocabulary.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

backpeddaling CBs on third and 6 are a given. If the QB can throw a 10y out the Titan D will not leave the filed till they give up a TD.

I am beyond SGWb Dehr Schwartzie proving anything at all. If he was a baby I would throw him out with the bath water and make sure the whole mess flew into a raging river so it would never have to be seen again.

10. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

This is very likely going to be a run fest from both teams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar