Pre-Game Thread Preseason Game 2: Titans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Loggains wouldn't be considered for the HC job but Williams may be.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't really get the love for Gregg Williams. Yeah, he did some good things while he was here before, but his defenses were pretty average in Washington and New Orleans. Definitely not good enough to be considered for any head coaching job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

If recreating the old 90's Oilers didn't work, try recreating the 2000 Titans

4. Tim

Tim Starter

1. Our d line looked pretty bad tonight, hell the whole defense played poorly.

2. Drops

3. Ole robbie, just a bad night for him.

all of this said I see a 7-9 season ahead of us

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

hey, at least Griffin showed some toughness , i was impressed

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I thought Jake played pretty well tonight. If it wasn't for some horrible drops by Britt, Nate Wash and that Doyle kid who just lost his chance at a career here, his stat line would look pretty awesome(even though it wasn't bad as is). He got us in field goal range nearly every drive(except for that one where Britt dropped the easy 15 yard pass). The only play I didn't like out of him was when it was 3rd and 2(or 3) and we were nearly in the red zone. Instead of getting the first down he elected to take a shot at the endzone. Besides for that, pretty solid.

Honestly, I'm not worried about our offense. For us to move the ball like that against one of the best defenses in the league is pretty good. Especially seeing that we have such a new group of guys who have yet to form true chemistry. I just really hope our WR's get their heads out of their asses and start catching the damn football again.

What I am worried about is our kicker. Bironas sucked last year, and tonight reinforced his suckiness. I said it last year, but now I really mean it. The dude is done.

Another thing I'm still worried about is our secondary(I knew this would happen when we made that horrible decision to trade up and draft Hunter instead of waiting on Jonathan Banks). While Williams' blitz packages will help a lot, it still just seems like our guys just get bullied at will. Hopefully they will get their heads out of their asses as well.

Lastly, gotta be worried about the linebacker situation. Ayers looked awesome...until he got hurt. McCarthy IS awesome, but he's always hurt. The bad thing is we have ZERO depth behind our awesome, yet injury prone linebackers.

But man, them blitz packages looked nice. God bless you Greg Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

D-line looked bad? I didn't think so. Casey and Morgan are beasts.

I would change that to *Secondary looked bad.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Tim

Tim Starter

Bernard the Bengals rookie running back rain right now our throat

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah if anything frightens me from preseason so far it appears teams are going to run on us all day long just like last year.

10. j_titan

j_titan Special Teams Standout

I am so SICK of watching trash ass Tennessee football. I don't give a damn if it's pre-season or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar