Predictions: Biggest draft climbers after combine/pro days.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Every year we see players that are slotted into mid or later rounds of the draft shoot through the roof after scouts get a closer look at them, either at the combine or at their various pro days. Just curious if you guys have any predictions.

I see these two guys jumping up draft boards and at the end of the day both will flirt with or surpass the top 15...

Stanley Jean-Baptiste: 6'3" 215

Kelvin Benjamin: 6'5" 235

SJB is a huge corner, with amazing ball skills. His only drawback is a lack of experience playing corner (but he has played safety) and he needs a good bit of work on his tackling. Clearly he benefits from the Richard Sherman effect but similarities aside I think he's good enough and physically gifted enough to be a top 15 pick.

As far as Benjamin goes, most see him as going no later than the 2nd round and current projections put him somewhere at the bottom of the first round. After scouts really get a look at him I think he can have a Julio Jones type of ascendancy, perhaps cracking the top 10.

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Jimmy Garappolo. People will realize that a lot of the QBs that were supposed to be good are not that good at all. And they will see this hidden gem. I am thinking late first to second:

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Yeah I heard about him at the Senior Bowl, it appears not only did he hold his own against big time competition but he stood out against them. If he's there in the 4th and we nab him I'd be a happy camper.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Love Jimmy but I just wonder how much stock they are putting in quarterbacks. They are never going to tip their hands but it sure would be awesome if we somehow were able to draft JG.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jaylen Watkins, CB/NB, UF

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

jaylen has potential but didnt shine much on a team filled with talented corners, he has instincts and could possibly be used in the return game but if he is there in the 4-5th round range i would take a shot on him, slot corner to start and depth--i'd be much more impressed if we could trade back by chance and still get purifoy--jaylen would of been a solid #2 on most teams but he was the at least only the 3rd best for the gators

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

Lorenzo Taliaferra, RB, Coastal Carolina

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, he was definitely their fourth-best CB this year. Not really through any fault of his own. He just got bumped by more talented guys. Vernon Hargreaves III is going to be a first round pick if he doesn't get hurt.

Watkins always played well when he was in the lineup for Roberson or Purifoy.

I've never been all that impressed with Purifoy. He seems like a guy who gets talked up a lot because of where he plays rather than how he plays. I'd rather have Roberson, given a choice between the two.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

purifoy gets talked up because of the plays he makes on special teams and how well he played last year, this year he had a down year and hargreaves will be a first round pick and i agree, you cant blame watkins, florida corners were definately the strength of their team this year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar