Prediction: Titans will target DE Matt Shaughnessy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

yea since he left, we're throwing money around like a fed bailout.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I still think it was Bud's pursuit of Peyton that screwed everything last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I disagree, I think it had a huge impact on how we went all in this off-season. Sure, we would have got a few guys but we were never going to match the Bills for Williams. This off-season Bud said spend, cuz Bud got a taste of the drama last year. Im sure this has been reported somewhere, but I am shocked we offered 15 mil for 2 years for welker and our luck he turned it down for Denver.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Free agent DE Matt Shaughnessy will visit the Titans on Friday.
    That's if Shaughnessy makes it out of his Thursday night visit with the Cardinals. One of the better defensive ends left on the market behind all the aging veterans, Shaughnessy can play both end and tackle in a 4-3. He has 15.5 career sacks in four seasons.
    Related: Titans

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I think this will be one of our best signings if we can pull it off. Guy can flat play.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

dont know how we didnt offer bennett a 2-3 year deal worth 8-12 mil

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Shaughnessy will be better than Bennett. Wait and see. Shaughnessy has just as many career sacks, is bigger, better against the run and cheaper.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Geez I would love to land this guy

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He'd be a great combo with Wimbley. Wimbley is a great spark plug for the rush, but below average against the run. Shaughnessy is a more balanced player that can stop the run reliably.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. PhillyTitan1

PhillyTitan1 Camp Fodder

Not gonna say i kno sht about em but his 1 season only played 3 games (injured) and had 1 sack so look at it as a big man had 14.5 sacks in 3 years...and one of those years he was a rookie...So sounds like he kno's how to get to the QB....I likes it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar