Prediction: Titans 2008 Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 29, 2008.

?

How many wins for the Titans?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2008.
  1. 13 or more wins.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12-4

8.9%
  3. 11-5

30.4%
  4. 10-6

28.6%
  5. 9-7

16.1%
  6. 8-8

7.1%
  7. 7-9

5.4%
  8. 6-10

1.8%
  9. 5-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 4 or less wins.

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We would have someone hold the $ for us. It's always very easy to find out how serious they are about a stance where there is a definitive outcome. Personally, ther'es no way in hell I'd bet on the Titans to win 11 games either, so I do not blame you. Similarly, anything I say, I will put my money behind. I think that is why I'm looked at as so negative on this site, although I want us to go 16-0 and win the Superbowl just as much if not more than you do. I just dont have my blinders on, and say stuff I don't truly mean.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not willing to spend money on stupid bets on something that cannot be substantiated until after the fact is smart not lack of confidence.
    Betting proves nothing other than you have more money than you need.

By the way you are pretty keen on random bets with people on this site.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Thanks Gunny. This guy is honestly calling me a liar because I won't bet with him. I think he's just bitter because I proved wrong on the strength of schedule. :brow:

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It's clear you need the last word in order to function. So, please respond to this so we can be done here and we quit going in circles. I have proven in numerous posts in this thread that strength of schedule is calculated based on opponents records from LAST YEAR, which in a league of parody is close to meaningless. The record of our drawn 10 opponents last year was something around 60-90 and only 2 of those 10 were playoff teams (which we were 0-3 against), and against playoff teams we were 2-5 (1-6 if week 17 meant anything for the colts).

And, our entire division played the same teams..which is why our division had such glowing records. Specifically, how many playoff games did this magnificent AFC South division win? I recall the Jags beating the Steelers and that's about it :(

Sounds like a strong team to me, one that can do some real damage against real opponents. And, can do a lot of damage if they are fortunate enough to draw an easy schedule and sneak into the playoffs only to get embarrassed by an elite team. And, bud I would not want to back my word with my pocket either..if only we had played more 4-12 and 7-9 teams we could have maybe gone 16-0!!! And, if somehow the Falcons could have made the Superbowl we could have won the whole darn thing!! :(

As for putting $ up, that's an easy way to find out how serious someone is about their predictions. My inbox is still empty from anyone wanting to make a friendly wager regarding our 2008 record. I'm the only one in here backing my word up with actual substance rather than just flailing around jabbering words. I have heard of sig bets though....how bout an entire calendar year sig bet? Winner gets to make the others signature whatever they want (clean and rated PG of course). Is that even an option on this site? I know nothing about them, just know that people make these wagers often in forums

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol putting money where your mouth is, is not substance it's stupidity.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Actually most people just don't bet with random people on forums. You can trust people you don't know. I actually have a bet with a buddy where he has titans going worse than 8-8 and I have better. I have put my money where my mouth is, just not with some guy online.

Oh yea and Giants went 1-5 against playoff opponents in the regular season. There division was in the exact same position also, they only played 2 playoff teams outside of their division. I guess the nfc east actually isn't good either. The weird thing is I don't understand how many playoff teams you expect them to play out of conference. You are aware unless teams were matched up against the afc south or nfc east it was impossible for them to play more than 2 outside of conference, due to the fact every division except those two only had one playoff team.

7. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

so the colts pulling their starters helped you in no way? hahahahhaa man you are clueless

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

So if i'm a Redskins fan, and I believe we are going to win 14 games, you wouldn't take my $100 bet? My friend, THAT is stupidity. If you believe something is going to happen with such certainty, PUT THE MONEY UP!! That's not gambling, that's investing since you're so confident!!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's stupidity no matter which way you look at it.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Ok, I only have one more question then I'm done. If it is close to meaningless, why did you bring it up in the first place? Because that means everything we've talked about is meaningless.

And the "elite" team that beat us in the playoffs had an easier schedule than we did.

(I know, I just can't quit.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar