Prediction: Titans 2008 Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 29, 2008.

?

How many wins for the Titans?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2008.
  1. 13 or more wins.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12-4

8.9%
  3. 11-5

30.4%
  4. 10-6

28.6%
  5. 9-7

16.1%
  6. 8-8

7.1%
  7. 7-9

5.4%
  8. 6-10

1.8%
  9. 5-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 4 or less wins.

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Whoa, if VY would have satyed healthy we probably would have won the Tampa game. (Should have been 3-4). The Jag split was legit. We almost beat the Colts, and we would have beaten them if B. Jones did not drop that pass (4-3). We blew it against the Chargers twice. We could have easily have gone 6-1 if we had not blown a couple of games with injuries or mistakes.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think we'll be even better this year it's just the other teams in the AFC that have improved.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Not really. The Pats, the Colts, and the Jags all degressed. We and the Chargers are the only playoff teams to improve. The Steelers are treading water (the gains Big Ben make get canceled out by the aging defense, and the O line). The Jets and the Raiders did not improve enough, the Bills and the Broncos are treading water, and no one else worries me.

Anyone disagree?

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Please listen to what I'm saying. You are ignoring the basis of my argument. I just showed you three other winning teams and how many winning opponents they played. Cleveland and San Diego both played less winning opponents than we did. And New England only played one more. Why can't you understand that most teams don't played any more winning opponents than we do? Our schedule was just as tough as anybody who made the AFC playoffs. If you were to look at the entire league this way, I'm willing to bet our schedule was in the upper third in difficulty.

That's not how the NFL works. The NFL is a league of parity; meaning any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. The NFL isn't divided up by what teams are good which ones aren't. That's a very poor comparison.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I knew you would not be able to understand the point I was trying to make. I havent gone to the lengths of finding the stats, but I would go out on a limb and say the AFC South played the easiest out of division record in the league.

We are now arguing over ideas..and there is never going to be a right and a wrong. So, how many games do you think we are going to win in 2008? That is ultimately the goal of this conversation

6. wplatham

The rest of the AFC South played the same teams we did. The rest of the AFC East played the same teams as New England. The rest of the AFC North played the same teams as Cleveland. And the rest of the AFC West played the same teams as San Diego. So our division matches up right with the rest of the AFC. We played six winning teams, what the flip difference does it make what division they are in?

Ah, the old changing the subject trick. :brow: I stick with my original assessment. We go 11-5, get in the playoffs, pull a "NYG" and win the Super Bowl.
    :yes:

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Not changing the subject at all. Since we are discussing ideas, no one can be right or wrong. So the only way to end a conversation going nowhere is to put our money where our mouth is where results will disprove one of us.

My assessment of the team was 7-9. So, let's make a bet. You bet that we win at least 11 games. I bet that we win no more than 7. So, if they win 8,9,or 10 it's a tie. But, if they win 7 or less, I win. And, if they win 11 or more, you win. Now, how much you want to put up?

And, how financially serious are you that we will go to the Superbowl? I will give you ALL the action you want.

8. wplatham

I was told once never to bet money on something I can't control. Football would fall under that category. I don't find betting on sports a good investment of my money. On top of that, I'm just a poor college kid, and I can't afford to throw money down on something silly like this. So I'm not interested in your bet.

Plus, how can you put a price on the bragging rights of being the one that called it. :)

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The standard response from someone that doesn't mean what they say. Ugh, I knew you "really" didn't think we'd win 11games. If I bet you $100 we wouldn't win a game this year and would end up with a 0-16 record would you take it?

10. wplatham

No, it's the standard response from somebody who doesn't have any money. Not to mention the fact you expect me to make a bet with somebody I've never met in person. I mean what I say, you don't need to question that. And I think if you judge a person's earnestness by whether they will bet on it, then you are a fool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar