Prediction: Titans 2008 Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 29, 2008.

?

How many wins for the Titans?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2008.
  1. 13 or more wins.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12-4

8.9%
  3. 11-5

30.4%
  4. 10-6

28.6%
  5. 9-7

16.1%
  6. 8-8

7.1%
  7. 7-9

5.4%
  8. 6-10

1.8%
  9. 5-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 4 or less wins.

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Right because a rookie C learning Peytons line barking is likely in the little time they will have had. Denile is great until reality hits.

Still dominate? You dominated a bunch of below .500 teams. You were last years version of the 2005 Jaguars. The last 10 games of the season the only team you beat with a winning record was the Jaguars. Being beat by two of the highly favored teams this season (SD, NWE). And going 1-3 against playoff teams.

Your starters played in the game and left the field losing to the Titans starters. We had several of our starters out as well. Lets look at the other regular season game in Tennessee. You beat us by two points with your valuable starters in. :rolleyes: Yeah the Colts are really keeping us at bay. :ha:

Fact is Harrison is coming off of an injured knee. The reason he sat out the rest of the season is the elderly do not heal quickly. How did Jones fair coming back from the same injury that Freeney had? How was his season last year? In all likelihood Harrison will not be running at top speed and Freeney will need another year to recover back to his old form. Manning will probably be fine but if he has a limp he is going to need to get the ball out quick and with Saturday out you could end up seeing your QB on the ground allot more often.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

so you are saying its impossible that a rookie center can play well. ok. i will let you believe that. wishful thinking on your part.

13-3 is pretty dominant i would say. i dont know how you could argue otherwise. also look at the injuries during the chargers game. we were hurting badly.

harrison has had nearly a year to get better. i am sure he is fine. strahan had no problem coming back from that injury.

so it doesnt count if the colts beat you by 2 points? they won. and wow the titans had the lead when the colts pulled their starters. the game wasnt close to being over. they do have to actually play the whole game you know. in your mind does the first team to score win or something? why play 60 minutes?

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

9-7 or 10-6 seems fair. But I'll say 11-5 because Vince hit rock bottom last season. He has more weapons this year and the defense is still there. No excuses. I don't think our schedule is THAT strenuous, but even 11-5 may only get us a 1st round visit to Cleveland or Jacksonville.

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

We went 6-4 against those 10 and 4-2 against the toughest division in football. Not sure how good you are at math but 4-2 is actually a better winning percentage than 6-4. Seems to me like the division portion of our schedule is what vaulted us to the playoffs.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It should not 'seem' ... it was the only reason. When Cleveland blew it in Cinici it put the playoffs in our hands and we won. If you look at this so called Titans fans posts they are nothing but negative. A fan even when trying to be realistic does not bary his team on doom and gloom. Especially a team that made the playoff last season.

Nate you should not call yourself a fan, a fan keeps hope and optimism. If you are so jaded on the team look for another that does not bring you down so much. I also noticed you are looking to sell your openning day tickets ... need I say more? :sad2:

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Because I'm realistic, it makes me not a fan? I'll be sitting in section 111 all season, come say hi to me. I am not blaming any fan for their optimism, I wish I had it. But, from what I see based on what this offense has done in the past, my honest prediction for this team is 7-9.

Do I want us to go 11-5? Hell yea I do...because then those tickets you saw posted would not be available at face value. I hope we go to the Superbowl, then I will have a very good chance at getting several Superbowl tickets. Unfortunately, if we do make the playoffs we will have to go to Indy, San diego, or New England as a wildcard. And, as indicated in another thread, last year we were 2-5 vs playoff teams. 1-6 if the final regular season vs Indy had any meaning at all to them.

I wish we had the offensive ammo to put points up against the best teams. Unfortunately, I don't see how we're gonna do it. I just hope Dinger has a few tricks up his sleeve to utilize Vince's legs. That is our only shot.

I hope I get to eat every negative word I have expressed. I would be a very happy man!

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Perhaps the worst reason I've ever heard anyone give for being a fan.

8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

you forgot to mention that the colts let the titans into the playoffs

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Okay guys, I've been holding back, u got me. Actually we are going 16-0 this year and obviously winning the Superbowl. I mean, why won't we? I can't believe some of you fans would actually believe we are going to lose 3-4 games this year. And for those of you who think we are losing 5 or more games in a single season and end up with 11-5 or worse record, simply are not a true fan. It's disgraceful to share opinions with people who don't believe we are going 16-0 like I do. Koooooooolaid anyone?

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

This is only true if the three teams we play every year are always the exact same. And that's not the case. You have to take them into account because last year our division had no team under .500. Has that always been the case? No. But it was last year. My point is just because we play the same team every year doesn't mean we are playing the same players. The teams in our division improve and regress just like teams outside of the division. Some years the division is stronger, some years it is weaker. And last year it was in my opinion the toughest division in football. (Not meaning to take anything away from the NFC East, of course.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar