Prediction: Titans 2008 Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 29, 2008.

?

How many wins for the Titans?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2008.
  1. 13 or more wins.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12-4

8.9%
  3. 11-5

30.4%
  4. 10-6

28.6%
  5. 9-7

16.1%
  6. 8-8

7.1%
  7. 7-9

5.4%
  8. 6-10

1.8%
  9. 5-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 4 or less wins.

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

This is "G-O T-I-T-A-N-S . C-O-M" not "G-O T-E-X-A-N-S . C-O-M" :brow:

3. The Playmaker

Offense is better, defense is better, ST's is better as far as kick returns. I like our schedule. The Browns are overrated, the Colts are free falling, and the Jags well I just don't like. I'm thinking playoffs.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

10-6, maybe 9-7

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Jacksonville = Win (1-0).... Titans 14-13... Jaggies will come out of the gates slow. Biologists study frogs. Nothing new happening here. Finnegan TD. Titans roll.

Cincinnati = Loss (1-1).... Bengals 31-7... The Bengals turn the corner here. Palmer lights us up. Expect it. Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an enemy planet. The Bengals too. They own us.

Houston = Win (2-1).... Titans 26-21... Schaub has proven nothing. He's like a circus clown with a snausage. You stop and stare, but when you see the snausage in a clown suit, you have to walk away, and you think, that is too much. Andre Johnson is no clown.

Minnesota = Win (3-1).... Titans 21-17... Pigs fly. But Minnesota is one dimensional. They don't. Fisher will eat that up like mustard on Rhye. And wait, pigs don't fly. But you can put them into a mustard on Rhye after the game.

Baltimore = Win (4-1).... Titans 17-7... You could watch this game in 3-D. And by the end you would be like, why did I do that.

BYE

Kansas City = Win (5-1)....Titans 9-7... Inside every small problem is a larger problem struggling to get out. It's not Lendale White this week. Beat 'em last year with everything on the line. We beat 'em again soundly.

Indianapolis = Win (6-1)... Titans 31-15... Manning is done. Hurt and slow. Not the same. It is true that love is blind but being a Colt fan must be an eye-opener.

Green Bay = Win (7-1)... Titans 29-23... Too young. Too Rusty. The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

Chicago = Win (8-1)... Titans 17-6... Everyone has a scheme for getting rich that will not work. The Bears will scheme. It will not work.
    After seven wins, no way we let the Bears steal a game with no offense.

Jacksonville =Loss (8-2)... Jacksonville 20-13... Jags squeak one out. If something is done wrong often enough, it becomes right. They get lucky here. And that is all there is to it.

N.Y. Jets = Loss (8-3).... NY 28-13... Favre has a split personality, and I hate both of them. Favre still around. And finally in a groove.

Detroit = Loss (8-4).... Detroit 34-10... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. WR's make the difference here. Kitna blows it out.

Cleveland = Win (9-4)... Titans 27-24...Clevelands whole season will dissapoint. Nothing to see here. Brady Quinn, everyone hits a brick wall now and then; the trick is not to do it with your head. Wait. That was gus Frerotte.

Houston = Win (10-4)... Titans 21-19... You're kidding me. It's another bye week. The farther away the future is, the better it looks.

Pittsburgh = Win (11-4).... Titans 17-16... Luv Ya Blu. Every silver lining has a cloud around it. Especially in Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis = Win (12-4)... Titans 35-10 Manning still hurt. Easy win. If it is incomprehensible, it's mathematics. Titans roll into the playoffs.

12-4.

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Mine just said random stuff like 'maybe' and 'it'll pass'.
    I went with 9-7, mostly because I feel as though despite our improvements, the opponents have improved more. We'll stay competitive but tail off towards the end... Horrible feeling that a shock loss to Houston will be the start of the end.

But you see, the more pessimistically I think, the less disappointed I am if it happens, and the more excited I am if it doesn't happen. So I'll quite merrily support those of you who predicted 12-4... :beer2:

7. The Playmaker

ncaalover12

explanation please

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think we have the talent to go 12-4... With our D maybe better. That won't happen though. I think our offense will be improved from last year but looks like it will take 4 or 5 games to gel. I see a rough start with people jumping off bridges in September followed by a strong finish. 10-6.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If anyone who has predicted an 11-5 or better record would like to make a friendly wager of anything up to $1,000, I will accept it. So, if the Titans win 11 or more games, you win, and I lose. PM me if interested, and we can get someone to hold the $ for us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar