Prediction: Is Vince going to suck it up in Hot 'Lanta Friday Night?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 21, 2008.

?
  1. Vince will be a total stud. He'll silence the critics. He'll bring the A-game.

73.3%
  2. Vince will be a total dud. He'll suck it up. He'll make you wonder if he even has game.

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would prefer Young not too play smart. I want to see him loose and letting it go. When he's out there thinking, there seem to be more problems than when he is out there just having fun. He should rely on his instincts. A conservative smart game isn't working out that well in my opinion. It's making it worse. Let's go back to 10-6 and let him just rely on what he brought into the league.

The interceptions did not kill us last year. I don't remember one time groaning at a pick and throwing up my hands like oh my god here we go again. I did sigh at not getting touchdowns. But I don't recall the picks knocking the wind out of my sails. So I wonder why we are trying to fix a leak that was not that considerable. If anything, I want to be more agressive and take shots. If it gets picked, who cares. We need TD's.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We are already getting VY playing NOT smart, what's the point in the most important, highest paid player on our team playing NOT smart? Ask Ryan Leaf and Alex Smith how that has worked out for them.

How can you be a true fan if you don't want the most important player on our team to use his head:wink2:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I see your kinda tongue in cheek but I agree with him. He's saying the guy shouldn't over think stuff. Like he should shoot from the hip and do what comes naturally out there and not be obsessing over little stuff. I think he's saying that he should take chances and defy convention a bit... something along those lines.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

isn't that the opposite of a Jeff Fisher team though? That's why I was making the hippocritical point.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Truth be known... odds are, if it were up to Fisher he would have drafted the Trojan or Commodore rather than the Longhorn, right? That's based in rumor but it's a widely held belief that VY was Bud Adam's mandate... so Maybe Fisher is trying to make Young play the Jeff Fisher ballgame when maybe Young should be playing the Vince Young game.

ps- I really don't see the hypocrisy in your post.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hippocrisy being letting someone play street-ball and winging it, as opposed to a ball-control offense predicated on time-of-posession advantage and defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar