Prediction: Is Vince going to suck it up in Hot 'Lanta Friday Night?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 21, 2008.

?
  1. Vince will be a total stud. He'll silence the critics. He'll bring the A-game.

73.3%
  2. Vince will be a total dud. He'll suck it up. He'll make you wonder if he even has game.

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I got a joke.... Vince Young! Ok, just kidding. But, seriously will "tearing it up" against the Falcons defense in a pre-season game silence critics? I'm a critic, and get called a "basher" because I just simply call it how i see it.

If someone has a highlight reel of Vince in a Titans uniform throwing several good passes in a single game, or even a single season (ok, an entire pro career), I want to see it. He needs to aspire to be a good player week in and week out, not just a QB with a few random good games or plays here and there.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Good joke BP.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. oi vey :ha:

As for Vince, I'd say he'll be somewhere in between stud and dud (but I picked dud).

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Maybe not, but will NOT tearing it up against the Blue Falcons make the homers think more about the possibility of Vince not being God?

I prefer to see improvement in the preseason as opposed to praying for it during the regular season.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I completely agree. I have heard Vince repeatedly state that his ultimate goal is to make two or three plays a game and stink it up the rest of the time. :sad2:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I voted Dud, because I believe there will be several drops, several WRs will not stay inbounds to make catches, there will be wrong routes run, there will be little seperation, and Vince will be ordered not to run the ball.

7. AlaTitan

AlaTitan Guest

BTW, is there a good sports bar to watch the game here in Nashville? I can't remember where the Jeff Fisher show is broadcast from. The wife and I are in town from Huntsville for the weekend and would like a nice place with fellow Titans to watch with.

Also, I think Alge will be real motivated and help Vince look real good.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think VY is going to be on either extreme but the odds are way in favor of him being a dud over bringing his A game. How many A games has he had in his career? Besides, he won't play more than a half so we won't really be able to evaluate him. Talk is he might play a quarter and a half which means we won't even see him potentionally in a 2 minute drill.

Actually the deck is stacked a little against Young. In the early games he didn't play as much with CJ, LW got most of the snaps with VY. Secondly, even if he stays in later he may end up with the 2nd tier WRs who haven't been all that great anyway. Even when Collins is in those guys like to drop balls and such.

What I'd like to see is VY with the number one guys play a whole half including a good dose of CJ. Then maybe we can get a read on what to expect and they should play like they are in the 2nd half of a game and they are 10 points behind. Not panic mode but also not grind it out 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Make VY imagine that every play is critical to winning the game. Actually that might be when he is at his best whatever that is.

9. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Hear ye, hear ye!
    The King declares that Vince, The Marquess of Nashville will play a sufficiently skillful game and bring home the head of the Bird. His vision, movements, throws will all be competent. He will do well at some long, mid, and checkdown passes. His receivers will make some good catches because they have spent more time together. He will actually make one or two passes in the Red Zone for touchdown(s). The King declares the Red Zone to be a priority tonight!

THUS SAYETH THE KING!

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Vince to Crump. Im feelin it down in dirty ATL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar