Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Predators to be bought by local group ?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070802/SPORTS02/708020405/1002/SPORTS

--The future of the Predators in Nashville looks considerably brighter today after a group of primarily local businessmen seeking to purchase the team entered into a binding letter of intent with owner Craig Leipold on Wednesday.
    The deal includes a nonrefundable payment of $10 million to Leipold. It ensures exclusive negotiating rights and serves as the initial payment on the $193 million purchase bid by the group,--
  2. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    I'm still kind of weary about this because Boots Del Biaggio (whatever the hell his name is) is in on the ownership. He was trying to buy the team earlier to move it to Kansas City. So why is he going in with this new local ownership group?
  3. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    Boots will be a minority owner and will have 0 say in the address of the team
  4. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    Not in Canada.

The TV ratings and attendance have never been better.
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    I don't think there's any question that the NHL will thrive in Canada forever and ever amen. The question is whether or not it can be a profitable sport across the US.

Selling hockey to Canadians is like selling air conditioners to Floridians. :ha:

It looks like the Board of Governors is dedicated to trying to make it happen in "non traditional" markets. They want those US television dollars. Personally, I hope it works out, but anyone would have to admit that its a risky enterprise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.