Predators may be headed to Kansas City instead of Canada

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/SPORTS02/70628024

:doh:

I am a Predators fan, saw many games, I'll be sad if they move (more like when). I'll miss the team, but not the owner. The Preds have had the Arena in a stranglehold for years, hopefully their absence will encourage more events @ better gate rates

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Why Kansas City? It hasn't exactly proven to be a bastion of support for hockey.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Because they have a nice arena waiting and Bettman doesn't want US teams moving to Canada.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

So instead of moving a team that appears to be on the cusp of turning the corner, expand there if it's such a great market. Are we the lowest-rated in overall attendance? (I know we're probably the lowest in corporate support as I read that the percentages are about 65% individuals/35% corporate, whereas that's reversed in other NHL cities.) I would also think Bettman doesn't want to admit that putting a team here is a mistake as that decision occurred on his watch.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm pretty sure the Predators are not last in attendance. I believe they are somewhere around 24th or 25th.

I'm also pretty sure Bettman would prefer to have the team stay put. Not that I think that will happen, but it seems like Bettman's preference. Hockey fans in Canada see him as satan incarnate.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

because the prospective buyer has
    a) the funds
    b) a deal with the Sprint Center
    c) the attention of Craig Leipold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar