Pre senior Bowl Mock.............2007

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I haven't paid as much attention to Griffin as much as Landry and Nelson, but I've seen him make plays. I figured he'd be the 3rd S behind Landry and Nelson. His stats look decent.

I'd love to see on of our reserve S's be good enough for the job so we can get d-line help instead.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I don't see why everyone hates Michael Griffin. He's the best all-around Safety in the draft. I'd rather have other players in the first round, but realistically, he's a great pick at #19.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

1. Udeze had no sacks this yr and they were horrible against the pass. James has been a bust too
    2. Bowe runs routes in the middle of the field their other WR are outside guys alone.............that is why Vick goes to Crumpler so much.
    3. Wilford is a FA and JSmith has not been replace. MJones is a project and Reggie is still a bust.............QB is also possible here.
    4. Me neither but there will be a run on S...........we vcould go DE or DT if juniors declare.............remember this is my pre senior bowl Mock
    5. has not declared..........only CJohnson has

4. Ctex

Ctex Guest

I agree. Mike Griffin is the best all around and definitely the best in coverage. He would also be easiest to get back in the free safety position, as that is what he played up until Micheal Huff left. Besides he is great at blocking punts. His special teams contributions will be a tie breaker on a lot of teams charts.

5. he is very good, but from what i kno, hes not going to be a round 1 pick

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

c johnson? you mean calvin johnson? i read he was thinking long and hard about going back to school.

edit**

jamaal anderson will enter the draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2723489

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

C Johnson = Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia.

Michael Griffin is not good in coverage. He is physical and can play a decent centerfield, but a lot of Texas's woes in defending the pass this year lie at his feet. Great special teams player. With proper coaching, he could contribute. He might be a good pick in the latter half of the 2nd round, but he's not a 1st round guy.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

When was the last time the Titans traded up for a pick? I think we've traded down the past couple years (with our second round pick) but I can't remember us trading up any time in the recent past

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Even Aaron Ross looked foolish sometimes on that pass defense, that's an issue beyond player talent. The coaching staff seriously needs to address that.

10. Ctex

Ctex Guest

In a very selfish way I hope you are right, if for some reason he did fall to our draft point in the second round he would be hard to pass up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar