Pre-season week 3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I'm not looking forward to this game at all. Most teams play their starters well into the 3rd qrt. We can keep playing "vanilla" on offense and defense but it will be hard ( as a fan ) to not read to much into this game.
    If they do good , then we may have tipped our hat for when the real game happens on Week 3. If they play bad, then all hells going to break lose on this board.
    It's a catch 22.
    The following week isn't any better , we face the fins. Who we also play against during the season.
    3 out of 4 pre-season opponents we will face agin during the regular season. No wonder they keep running that "statue of liberty" play and a bunch of end arounds and trick plays.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Our defense needs to get it together. I feel good about our Offense. We need Dodd back badly, and also KW....

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

i wish they would change up the DB rotation. We already know who the scrubs are. I want to see more of Reed, Byrad and Sims against 1st team defenses. They cant be any worse than Blake, Webb, BWW, and Johnson

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Likewise...Might as well...Changing the culture anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Yup..I just don't understand what the coaches see in these players that show time and time again they can't get the job done on a consistent basis.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's an attitude of "well, they are a veteran, they will know more or be more consistent"....Yeah, more consistent failing. Play the best players on the field. If that is Byard, Reed, Henry, etc then friggin' play them. It's why we drafted them. Who cares about feelings and tenor.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

"They can't be any worse than...."

Famous last words :)

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Throw at #47.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I will have a hard time watching the Defense but I think the Offense will continue to look good. People keep saying"oh we had our backup CB's in as starters last week", but that doesn't excuse them for being so bad.I would like to see some of the young guys on the roster get some snaps with the 1st team.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I too am sick and tired of Webb and BWW especially, and Blake also after last week. I think our starters will play the entire half but it sucks our week 3 opponent is a regular season opponent. Well done, Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar