Pre-season game one: Young or Ramsey for #2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 11, 2009.

?

Who should be the Titans#2 QB RIGHT NOW?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2009.
  1. Young

43.7%
  2. Ramsey

56.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastorini

Pastorini Camp Fodder

Patrick Ramsey did not have 3 and outs saved by a recovered punt return fumble to move him up the field all the way to the Buffalo 37 yard line. I think Ramseys 8 out of 10 passing for 72 yards speaks for itself. You cant throw a TD if you never have a play called where you throw the ball near the end zone. Kerry looked very good (7 for 10 for 82 yards) but as usual we used the pass to move the ball and then Fisher/Dinger elected to run it in once we get within the 10. That was not a reflection of Kerry either.

2. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

Ramsey for me, I just don't know about ol VY. Until he's shows me something I'll take Ramsey, he looked a little more impressive Sunday night and as has been said had no TOs. If VY does decide to step up and show that he can be a quality backup then I'll humbly take my crow.

3. Bob

Bob Camp Fodder

Ramsey has my vote for now.. Let's see how it goes in the upcoming preseason weeks.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was in the end zone for that game and I'll say the perspective you get from my point of view was this; Young doesn't seem to be able to wait for a damn thing to develop. He looks so uncomfortable in the pocket that my stomach hurt watching him bounce up and down looking for a target. When he finally appeared to scramble I was in relief, but then he throws for an incomplete pass. I've always argued he doesn't do this; but he DOES throw to the feet of his receivers. Maybe that's from being so high on Vince Young I didn't want to believe it, but Vince throws lousy balls. The dude looks like he's holding back on every pass, and it effects the accuracy. Just play, damn! The interception he threw was not his fault, it will be next time though. He needs to learn that Hawkins is just as inconsistent as he is. At time during the game both those guys looks like real pros, and at other times they looked like they wouldn't make it past August if not for being drafted. I take into account that it was the first game and it wasn't a real game, but nevertheless Young didn't look too impressive.

As for Ramsey; he didn't make anyone say 'wow'. He did nothing to make me even consider him as our second option at QB, and because of that I wont even make a case for or against him. All I know for certain is that is Alex Mortensen is no Tennessee Titan, but his Dad was at the Holiday Inn.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As much of a VY "hater" as I am, it's too early for me to say whether which QB is the #2.
    Mortensen is 1 up on him so far, but who knows- maybe Vince pulls a rabbit out of the hat?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

pretty much sums it up

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

where's he option for :

*player not currently on roster* ?

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This is right on to what really happened. Different points of view must be shaded by fantasy and delusions. VY really looked bad. Ramsey looked solid. That is a fact and the coaches know it.

It amazes me just how distorted a person’s perspective can be. I bet if you painted Vince white put a Ramsey jersey on him and he went out and had the exact same performance he did in the HOF game all the nut swingers that thought he did OK would be saying that Ramsey guys sucks to high heaven and shouldn’t be allowed on a scout team.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll go ahead and make a bold guarantee that the #2 QB is currently on the roster :)

10. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Maybe because others have different opinions than you, but hey that mob mentality is working great for the forum.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar