Pre-Draft Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LangeSohne, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Insert "generic counter argument".

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Haha you can't even defend your argument so you resort to memes and pigeon bombs. Classic.

4. Clark

lol it's been completely defended but your blinders are stronger than my willingness to continue this silly exercise.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Your only argument is he has experience as a special team player. You completely ignore the complete definition of experience. Obviously you need this accomplishment more the I do, so hats off to you.

6. Clark

TIL: Only practice = Experience

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Clearly your not the scout you think you are on here, because if you turn on the tape you will clearly see his ability to play corner has been effected by time devoted to other aspects of his game. Take the confidence boost, you have beaten me with your profound knowledge you claim to have. You clearly need the self-esteem boost dude. Congrats.

8. Clark

Good thing I never claimed adorees cb game was great. Was never the argument. You continue to revert to a different argument that I never made. Lol I'll let you have the last word, I know you need it, go ahead and reply. It's all yours.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who the **** is knocking Primetime II?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You are skewing the info to meet your argument and that's a bit misleading. You are arguing that he either has no knowledge/skill or that he didn't improve his knowledge or skill over 3 seasons of starting? That's simply false. I've watched him play all 3 years and he has improved. He hasn't to the extent I'd like, but that's a different argument and really should be your focus. You're trying to make a broad statement that essentially he's a terrible cb who can only play special teams when the reality is quite different.

There is one more huge factor in experience beyond knowledge/skill for a period of time...and that's playing time in a game. You can practice all you want but game speed, intensity, blah blah is different. And being a starter on defense and special teams and someone relied upon to make big plays is valuable experience for him and very different from a player who gets in a game as a backup/rotational player who isn't expected to make any impact. Adoree also has experience in being thrown in the deep end of the pool playing so early in his career. That aspect SHOULD help him get adjusted faster.

Reading your post it sounds like he spent his practice time running track, on special teams and offense. He spent a large part of his off-season running track but the majority of his in-season practice was on defense. And because he was a starter, he got to face Smith-Schuster alot as opposed to a 2nd or 3rd stringer facing lesser competition. This is also a huge difference in experience in practice which you ignore in your example.

And breaking down Adoree as a CB, he's not all raw. He actually played very well in zone coverage. Yes, we played a ton of man last year...but we don't know if they will change that given our current personel. And while he has technique work to do for sure, I think his biggest issues come from his footwork affecting his balance which sometimes slows his transitions. John Ross 'breaking his ankles' is a prime example. We know he has quick feet and smooth hip turn and can really run...but that's not enough and where his technique needs to come in and get polished up.

Unless I have the context of stats, they have limited use. Since I don't know the context of the 80% stat or all of his INT's, I don't put much stock into them except for one thing. Because I have watched a lot of his games, I have seen his awareness, ability to break on the ball and high point it for an INT. That shows me he has the ball skills to do it.

Clearly you are fairly down on Adoree as a CB and I understand where you're coming from, but the experience check box that teams use has less to do with if they played a different sport in the off-season than how many starts/snaps did they play. By that measure, which NFL teams use, he checks off that box. Keep in mind they don't ignore that not all of his practice time is at cb. That part goes into the evaluation of the player's current skills/ability vs his upside. Projection always increases the chance you miss. This is why everyone...scouts, fans, and GM's were all over the place on Peppers. Peppers practiced some at S but spent most of his time playing LB so while Peppers started, he was playing a very different position which allows him to hide his biggest weakness (and not work on the techniques for it). That's a much bigger projection and as such, is much less certain!

Point is, I don't think Adoree's the kind of outlier that Dodd is. We might consider him a different kind of outlier in that he's not as polished relative to a Corey Davis or a Jack Conklin at his primary job and is a two position player.

Most teams view the first thru third rounds to be places you get starters and the rest of the draft is filling holes and, depending on the quality of your team, roster level, cap space, blah blah blah....get special teams players. So when JRob takes Brown at LB to fill a very specific role on our defense, he's looking for a specific skill set at a specific position to fill that hole...so getting players with 3 years experience with that skillset don't exist at that level of the draft usually because if he had done it for 3 years and gotten better at it, he'd have gone in the first 3 rounds most likely. So you take a chance on players like him and Khalfani....hoping they'll make it. But as I said before, the more we project them forward, the more risk there is in missing.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar