Pre-Draft Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LangeSohne, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Let's keep track of who Jrob brings in for our 30 pre-draft visits. We spend a lot of time trying to guess what Jrob will do in the draft, but I think the absolute best indicator, at least for the 1st round, will be the pre-draft visits.

Jrob even said as much in this past ESPN article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-...s-likely-more-telling-with-jon-robinson-as-gm

So far, I believe the only known visit is OJ Howard. Also, both Jrob and Mularkey attended Clemson's pro day in person, and I doubt it was to see Watson.

Howard or Williams may be a very real possibility at 5.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

OJ Howard @ 5?

No thanks

Mike @5, I'd rather have Davis, but at this point I want a number 1 wr so bad I wouldn't be mad at Mike.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Davis is even brought in for a visit, or at least does a workout after his ankle heals up a bit. I know they met with Davis at the combine.

Also, I'm beginning to think the Eagles may actually take a WR at their 14 pick. They're the only team I'm aware of that has brought in each of Davis, Williams and Ross for official visits.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I hope we don't take a TE or Williams at 5

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think Eagles go Ross at 14. They have Jeffrey, Matthews and Smith, Ross would give them a different type WR

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Why does it matter whether it's a TE or WR? We need guys that can get open and catch the football. Right now OJ Howards is a bigger mismatch for opposing defenses than Williams. And he wouldn't have to come off the field on obvious run plays.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I can understand not wanting Williams. I don't understand why Howard isn't worthy of the 5th pick? You can argue he would be one of the safest prospects in the top 10 especially when you put him into our offense. And we would get the most out of him because he can play and make an impact every down.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

If we drafted Howard at 5 wouldn't that make him highest drafted Tight End in the Superbowl Era? I thought I had heard this. Did a little research. Seems V. Davis was highest at 6.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It would indeed make him the highest drafted TE ever, but he does have freakish athletic ability. We know Williams isn't a freak athlete....and might not get a true read on Davis.

If you look at Big Boards out there Howard is almost always ranked higher than either of the WRs. I'd rather trade out of the 5 spot, but if we can't I wouldn't be mad at taking Howard or Davis. I think it is a major reach to take Williams at #5.

10. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I've seen Howard ranked in the top 10 on most draft board's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar