Pre-Draft Visits

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Then "ghosts" are the least of your worries with Jimmy.

Johnny sees ghosts, he even admits to it. His erratic play is sometimes caused by it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And hangovers

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That's my biggest worry with Johnny too. He still has too much talent to pass on. He's smart, can beat you inside the pocket or on the perimeter and he has this sixth sense where he dips out of the pocket before he gets crushed. Sometimes he leaves too early yes and sometimes I think he leaves early just because he wants to run. Nobody can make throws from awkward angles like he does though not since Favre was around. He needs to be tamed slightly but he still has the best arm in the draft. His ability to escape, scramble, and improvise, are just bonuses. Bonuses that will scare D's ****less. Game on the line or just a big game in general he is the type of QB you want.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Was this ever even confirmed? Regardless we scrutinize every little thing these guys do to the point it's almost sickening. If his mom stripped in college for money you would probably use that against him or if he tried coke in high school.

He was 20 at the time. Maybe he got a hangover BFD.

He's not going into airports yelling bomb.

5. Clark

His tenacity is the only thing about his game I'm really sold on.

A team has to tame him... A team has to build the correct style of offense and also teach the WRs to allow him to play "his" game... So it means a lot of broken plays...

His size scares me primarily because he is crazy. He has to learn progressions and actually USE them.

He can't run 350 times in two seasons at the next level. 80-90 per season. That translates to him putting his body on the line 4-5 times a game... And THAT scares me because that's not counting leaving the pocket and extending the play.

His style is like taking your franchise qb and giving him the shelf life of a RB.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A little.. as cheesy as this may sound, when I watched Bortles, I saw why he's the #1 QB on most boards. I saw a lot of things that should make him grow into a nice player. He has the best chance of progressing..

7. Clark

Bortles and teddy shared 8 of the same opponents.

And I see a large locker. Accuracy issues and all

And accuracy really doesn't change

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Manziel definitely has that "it" factor Bridgewater lacks. Unbelievable athlete. That sixth sense you guys speak of, he has it. Game on the line, yea I can see him being clutch.

But I found his decision making quite poor even in a clean pocket, I saw mehhhh accuracy (when not even pressured) and am quite certain he'll be hurt A LOT with his style of play.

9. Clark

His accuracy goes wild because he moves around like he's running from a hive of bees, while in a clean pocket

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Of course he can't run that much and he needs to get out of bounds rather than risk a big hit for a few more yards or slide. I do however hate that people look at his size and say that he can't hold up in the NFL and will break. Like CJ broke at his stature? Or how is our 6'2 230 lb built like a brick wall QB holding up? Durability is 90% something you were born with and 10% how you prepare during the offseason and during it.

I don't think you can say he is going to have a 4-5 yr career because he runs. He will always have that ability need be he just needs to remember to utilize it when its absolutely necessary and not abuse it because he is so good at it. I think 80-100 is a good number and right around where you see Kaep and Wilson hovering. The good thing is when he takes off those 80-100 times is that he is twice the runner either of those two are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar