Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by greenwheel, Sep 1, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,472
    Chyea
  2. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,566

Starting QB's are starting QB's. Backups are backups. The 3rd QB.... who cares.....Rusty knew the system.

In most occasions, you drop to your 3rd QB for any reason during the season, youre in trouble.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  3. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,629
    Tell TJ Yates that
    Bonky high fives this.
  4. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,566

DO you REALLY want to go through the league the past 10 years to prove my point?

No, not going to, you know Im right. Sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then, Yates is an exception, not the rule.

Thats why I added "in MOST occasions"
    afcsouthdom high fives this.
  5. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,629
    I agree with you Alzarius, but you have to admit that more QB's are NFL-ready coming out of college than ever before. The league is changing. Teams are attending college practices to learn from their offenses. I think Rusty could start in the NFL and win.
    Alzarius high fives this.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,215
    He will make more on the PS than he would in the CFL.
  7. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $6,708
    Charles could be good if he wasn't Gain soft.
  8. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,566

I saw Smith live, and it tainted my opinion of him even though it wasnt all his fault. The game plan against Houston that day was complete and utter ****. To this day, I have no clue WTF the coaching staff was thinking. (actually I do, Fisher was trying to prove a point) I just remember sitting in that awesome stadium, and I had more fun talking to the fans than watching the team play that day. (it was the blowout, Rusty's one start)

Maybe he could, maybe he couldnt be a winner. I just dont know how anyone with starting potential can stay buried for that long. Especially in a league that is full of scouts and considering how QB is the most important position in the game. I would not have had a problem with him being our 3rd QB for the next 10 years, but I definitely did not want him as our #2.

When he retires, I hope he is our next mascot.
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,682
    I agree with whoever said that we need to look elsewhere for a QB who we think can be a starter or a good backup rather that wasting the practice squad QB on Rusty. I'd be all for cutting Rusty and signing Tyler Wilson who the Raiders just cut. The kid needs some work but I saw him play really well against SEC competition. There was one game where he came in for Mallett and completed 14 straight passes.
  10. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,969
    Sounds like Rusty Smith is signing with the PS.