Power rankings: Titans climb to second

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    The new power rankings are out. As much talk as there is in Titans HQ and in Nashville about the team flying under the radar and going underappreciated, I think you'd have to say they're getting a lot of credit for their 4-0 start here, where they've climbed to second.
    Sunday for the win over the Jaguars, ESPN.com sat alongside CBSSports.com, NFL.com and The Dallas Morning News. Most of the big outlets have taken notice.
    I still think the Titans could lose five games, emphasis on could - this Sunday in Baltimore, either vs. Green Bay or at Chicago, a probable split with Indianapolis, probable revenge for Jacksonville, and either the vs. the Jets or vs. Pittsburgh.
    Before you jump me for that, please note I am liking their chances for a division title and a home playoff game. How could you not right now?
    My AFC South ballot:
    Team/Last week/This week
    Tennessee/6/3
    Jacksonville/11/11
    Indianapolis/12/15
    Houston/22/22
    The drop for the Colts during a bye may be a little big, but right now I have to judge Washington, Chicago and Baltimore as better. I have Houston the highest of all of us. Maybe I overrate the difficulty of their early schedule.
    As always, if you're into these numbers I recommend Mike Sando's detailed breakdown of how we arrived at them. As Matt Mosley says, it helps you know which one of us to yell at.

More...

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

My Rankings..

1. New York Giants 3-0
    2. Tennessee Titans 4-0
    3. Dallas Cowboys 3-1
    4. Pittsburgh Steelers 3-1
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-1
    6. Philedelphia Eagles 2-2
    7. Buffalo Bills 4-0
    8. Washington Redskins 3-1
    9. Carolina Panthers 3-1
    10. San Diego Chargers 2-2
    11. Jacksonville Jaguars 2-2
    12. Chicago Bears 2-2
    13. Green Bay Packers 2-2
    14. New England Patriots 2-1
    15. Denver Broncos 3-1
    16. Baltimore Ravens 2-1
    17. New York Jets 2-2
    18. Arizona Cardinals 2-2
    19. Indianapolis Colts 1-2
    20. New Orleans Saints 2-2
    21. Seattle Seahawks 1-2
    22. San Francisco 49er's 2-2
    23. Miami Dolphins 1-2
    24. Minnesota Vikings 1-3
    25. Cleveland Browns 1-3
    26. Houston Texans 0-3
    27. Atlanta Falcons 2-2
    28. Kansas City Chiefs 1-3
    29. Oakland Raiders 1-3
    30. Cincinatti Bengals 0-4
    31. Detroit Lions 0-3
    32. St. Louis Rams 0-4

3. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

woot woot

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

best news all day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar