Power Rankings 9/25

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Wow...never thought i'd see that. So where are the people that said we should cut or trade Albert after last years incident???

I think they went to the same place all the Pacman haters will go after he comes back next year and is heralded as the best CB in the league:moon:

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Just because one writer from a national magazine/website ranks the Titans as the 6th best team in the league, and proceeds to rank two teams from New York in the 20's, it doesn't mean that the Titans don't suffer from lack of exposure. Did you watch the MNF game? Do you think that ESPN treated the teams in a fair and balanced way? If so, you weren't listening to the broadcast. They repeatedly messed up players names, talked about how anonymous the Titans are, and beleaguered the point that the Saints have problems instead of giving the Titans credit for dominating the game..

Also, just because Peter King thinks that Young is the 7th best QB in the league, it doesn't mean he is giving the Titans any more respect for this. Young transcends the Nashville market because of his exposure in college.

When the Titans are good, they get some respect from knowledgeable sportswriters, but they do not get the same type of respect from the national media and television media.

Honestly, it is not that big of a deal, so I'm not sure why anyone is getting that worked up about this.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

According to Peter Schrager....

Rank 7

"Though it was endlessly promoted as a “rematch” of the 2006 Rose Bowl, the Titans-Saints Monday night game was really a match between one of the league’s up-and-coming teams and a completely lost and confused squad on the way down. The Titans manhandled the Saints, using a combination of a suffocating defense and a balanced offensive attack to get out of New Orleans as 31-14 victors. Keith Bullock intercepted three passes, the Saints rushing attack was held to only 34 yards and Drew Brees looked flustered all game. Tennessee’s for real. " - Peter

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

What's the rank 7 mean?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7th in Power Rankings.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mojo, maybe you responded to the wrong poster because posters claim that being ranked 11th is a major example of no respect due to being a small market. I just came up with facts to contradict that. You don't have a problem with facts do you?

All that matters with vince young is that he is getting all the positive attention he deserves and then maybe some. The reasons why don't matter.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

wow ... rolltide you should change your name to rollbus over titans and titans fans.. i have to know why all of this negativety? why do you get so defensive about this small market issue??? look its black and white we are 2-1 and people are getting excited about this team and where this team is heading. are we 7-1 no but we have definetly come together as a football team. our defense looks good, our rushing attack looks good, vince was passing the ball well the other night..titans fans have alot of reasons to smile.but i guess we should have that glass half empty not half full attitude.. isnt that right rollbus i mean rolltide

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

ESPN/Fox Sports have shown me on several occasions that they would rather spend fifteen minutes talking about a losing season for the Bears than spend three minutes talking about a winning Titans team.
    During one Titans AFCCG season (forgot which one), they were completely ignored for almost the entire season by the pre-game shows. The only one who stood up for us was Terry Bradshaw, and he had to sqeeze it in as the credits started rolling.

tide, you're confusing earned rankings with media respect. Nobody here is saying that the Titans don't get ranked, or that nobody knows who our QB is.

10. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

No, I was responding to your rather strong comments. I do think that many Titans fans have a martyr’s complex, some of it is legitimate, and some is not. I don't think a sportswriter, or collection of experts ranking us 11th in the league is a lack of respect, but I don't think that one sports writer ranking us 7th is a sign that the media is giving us a fair representation. It is not as clear-cut as you make it out to be.

Please don't attempt to get me angry with statements like "You don't have a problem with facts do you?". We can keep our disagreements civil and respectful without succumbing to tired and trite veiled insults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar