Post game thread - Bills game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

says the Drew defender who is scared to be hit.

However he was contrasting.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

...I forgot. Same thing KVB was basically called for earlier this year, wasn't it? I should have said, "got up and tackled him."

Seems a little like taking QB protection too far. I only mean that because the defender isn't charging the QB and going for the legs, which would be very different, but I suppose the dividing line in what's allowable, to a degree, is the line of scrimmage, correct? Anyone?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the competition comittee needs to think about whether player safety is more important than the game itself. the qb is getting way too much protection. it is really getting out of hand.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Who are they protecting anyway, most of the qb's in this league suck

5. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Intentional subject change.

Did anyone else notice, Vince walking over to the ref, twice, and cracking a joke, the referee, was amused at whatever Vince had to say. Once he was making a call on the mic, he immediately started laughing after he turned the mic, off. I think it was on a False start call. The second time, was when the ref brought the chains in to measure, the 4th & 1.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'll tell you what I don't understand... What I don't understand is why an intelligent poster like yourself feels compelled to side shift his argument to attacking the poster on a personal level, all the while making ignorant assumptions. We are just getting to know you... many here, at least the ones that haven't put me on ignore know my attitude and disposition fairly well on account that I am very vocal on a number of subjects.

for instance - I used the exact same argument you are using to defend/rationalize Albert Haynesworth in regard to LenDale White and spittle gate back in training camp. I said heat does things to guys... I understand that. I remember high school two a days. I was out there running my suicides just like the other guys. I know that feeling.

First and foremost, and I'm scratching my head why I'm doing this, but since you want to make my athletic history some kind of point of emphasis, I'll give you a little backround. As a child I swam competively in neighborhood swim meets. I was proficient at all strokes at an early age. I was one of the few children in my age group who could swim the butterfly stroke. I was also a soccer goal keeper and I was really good at it. My alternate soccer position was a defenseman, namely sweeper.

When I was a youngster in elementary I got my first taste of the gridiron. I played OLB and TE. I really enjoyed the hitting and I was a defensive standout in that youth league. I also played basketball. I was a forward. I played in the church league and I'll be honest, despite my height, (I'm 6'2" now)... I wasn't much of a shooter but I was a great rebounder. Basketball never was my thing.

Now, who are you to tell me I don't know what it's like to play ball? Let alone get caught up in the heat of the moment and do something stupid/unsportsmanlike? You forget that you are talking to a man living with bipolar disorder. Displaced anger and irrational actions are my foretay. I am the Barrett Robbins. I am the Alonzo Spellman. It takes a nut to know a nut. Maybe you are not crazy enough to recogize a nutjob when you see one. Mr. Haynesworth has issues.

Now, if you don't mind Mr. Thunder, I'll try to make my point to you as clear as I can... Albert Haynesworth has a fundamental problem in regards to the respect he shows his adversary. He's simply out of chances. I can not hear him plead to the camera and beg for his respect, claiming that he is not a dirty player. Albert is a dirty player, and I can live with that because when he's not drawing 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct fouls he's up the gut causing a ruckuss and just kicking ***.
    Are you really joking? Did that guy do this?
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW4XUpN9bPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lW4XUpN9bPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

read his bio man... just read it... it's right here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Haynesworth

one of your replies suggested that I get some perspective...

I suggest that you modify your perspective my widening the context in which you view this event. I'm speaking at the subject of Haynesworth outside and including the context of the game we played Sunday.

Haynesworth was dangerously close to never dressing as a Titan again.

He no longer has the luxury of getting a pass for anything.
    He's a vet. He's not some dumb rookie like White.

He's got a history.

Just ask Justin Hartwig.

Sounds like you are insinuating that I am a racist. I'm not making any opinion based on hate. I making this judgement on Haynesworth based on a number of incidents over a period of time. In my opinion, your view is too narrow. I did not make the reputation that Albert has crafted for himself. Albert is not a superlative of character...

Just ask the soccer mom he tried to run off the road.

I will give him his due. He can play.
    Any critcism for 15 yd conduct fouls is earned if you're Albert Haynesworth.
    Albert is an asset and a liability.

Yes, he is the best DT we have.

You mentioned his overall conrtibution...
    Did you factor in that hefty suspension?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

BP you are a warrior of words. You admirably give TNthunder more of your time and energy than I can muster.

Oh yeah- excellent post. (#116)

In regards to Haynesworth- I agree completely. The guy has run out of ANY chances. That was a complete bone-head play. He did commit the personal foul (and not incidental) by jerking his head toward the turf AFTER the whistle. That's why I'm bothered by it. I seriously think Fisher will move him from dog-house to out-house after the season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

oh you hater. :ha:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The only whistle I heard was after the play was over, after Al had let go. A stupid play, but a play that happens all the time. I think some are blowing it out of proportion because it's him.

To me, Al shouldn't be dropped because he commits a PF, he should be if he ever tries to hurt someone again like he did to the Dallas player. Two very different things.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm sure had it been Bulluck yanking somebody down by the facemask it would just get an "Oh well it happens".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar